Nascar bs

-
Rusty tested a few years back without a plate. He hit over 220 mph. He said the car was barely in control. And with tuning he said it could go faster.

right... right where it should be... racing is done on the edge, what they do is follow each other around a track...

“If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.”
― Mario Andretti

Rusty tested a few years back without a plate. He hit over 220 mph. He said the car was barely in control. And with tuning he said it could go faster.

In my opinion, that is where the race car diver part comes into play. Even though the car is capable, the driver is (supposed to be) in control. it takes more than just dropping your foot to the floor and hanging on, and NASCAR, in it infinite wisdom :roll: has legislated that out of their competition, too.

Time was when it was the driver's responsibility to drive and win, and bring the race prep'ed STOCK car home in one piece. Now, it's a spec car, and spotters, and crew chiefs, and car managers, and engine builders, and what have you all having input as to how the driver is supposed to "operate" the car. Regulations up the *** on the car, the teams, the pits, the drivers, the owners, the sponsors, and whatever else NASCAR thinks it can regulate to their collective wallet.

It's boring.

Sorry for the rant, I just hate what NASCAR has become. Some goes for the Pro divisions of NHRA.

I didn't watch for years.

Then Dodge came back in and I watched for a couple of seasons. Got bored with it. Got bored with the whining drivers, got bored with the rules, got bored with the same thing over and over again from the announcers, got bored with NASCAR's hypocrisy over the restrictor plates ("fans like close racing! But we're gonna fill the season with 1.5 mile tracks where the cars get spread five seconds apart!")

Can't stand the France family. Can't stand the demands they place on the taxpayers in the areas where there are tracks, "give us this or we'll move the race" and watch the local politicians kiss their asses for fear of the almighty dollar.

I don't really like how NASCAR runs their series but I have to say the teams and drivers are great! It is a long hard season and it takes a lot to compete.

Kind of what I was thinking too . Just out of the blue rule-changing , so the big-money names don't cry in their Wheaties .

-
Back