Navy Arms gun ID

-

Bobacuda

Reaction score
I was recently gifted the Navy Arms, muzzle loader, smooth bore in the attached photos. Since it does not have a rear sight, I assume it is a shotgun. The only number from Navy Arms is by the trigger mechanism, “115.”

It appears to be very lightly used and is very good, to excellent shape.

Can anyone here tell me what I have and a ballpark value?

I may have the opportunity to use it as a partial payment on the ‘51 Dodge truck I learned to drive in (parked in a pasture anout 40 yrs).

Thanks
IMG_7503.jpeg

IMG_7502.jpeg

100 to 300 bucks. Depends more on what the market is in your area. Black powder stuff swings in value all over the country

I was guessing $100-$300. But I still need to know more about the gun. Maybe someone here is a gun dealer that might have more info on it.

I was recently gifted the Navy Arms, muzzle loader, smooth bore in the attached photos. Since it does not have a rear sight, I assume it is a shotgun. The only number from Navy Arms is by the trigger mechanism, “115.”

It appears to be very lightly used and is very good, to excellent shape.

Can anyone here tell me what I have and a ballpark value?

I may have the opportunity to use it as a partial payment on the ‘51 Dodge truck I learned to drive in (parked in a pasture anout 40 yrs).

Thanks
View attachment 1716153025

View attachment 1716153027
What indicates it was made for Navy Arms?

I could be wrong, but that stock looks much too modern (and clean) to me for a flintlock, and if it has been re-stocked, that almost negates any historical value.

As the saying goes, "It's only worth what someone is wiling to pay for it", so if you have a local dealer or gunsmith you trust, ask them for their advice.

Failing that, if you can get $200-$300 for it, I'd say go for it.

I could be wrong, but that stock looks much too modern (and clean) to me for a flintlock, and if it has been re-stocked, that almost negates any historical value.

As the saying goes, "It's only worth what someone is wiling to pay for it", so if you have a local dealer or gunsmith you trust, ask them for their advice.

Failing that, if you can get $200-$300 for it, I'd say go for it.
Oh it's definitely a modern product from the last 60 years

It’s definitely a newer percussion gun, not an antique. The barrel is stamped Navy Arms.

Navy arms gun catalog?
I have a few navy arms, but they are all c&b revolvers.
Edit: I would give Navy arms a phone call, see if you can email them a pic. They have roughly a hundred different models of long gun.

Last edited:
Mattax -
I have emailed Navy Arms with photos and asked for help.

The gun I have had a round barrel, not octagon, and no rear sight. It is a smooth bore.

Have you miced the bore for caliber?

Navy Arms responded with info. It is a Morse muzzle loading rifle, 50 cal, modestly priced for primitive hunting. Approximate value of $300.

Navy Arms responded with info. It is a Morse muzzle loading rifle, 50 cal, modestly priced for primitive hunting. Approximate value of $300.
Very cool! Lots of people actually hunt with stuff like that.

Look like star or Phillips screws in the trigger guard

Isn't there a special hunting season for guns like this and bows?
WV does, and also a kids only season, that gets to hunt before adults.
Dad hunts the doe season with one, even though in the season you can use a modern gun.
Not bad considering he is 81 years old.

-
Back