Need a good Illustration 318/904 kickdown linkage

-

Nite Moves

Reaction score
I have done some searching and im not coming up with anything thats helping. I have a 67 Dart with a 73 318 600 Holey 4bbl on a 73 904 trans. I just got a complete kickdown linkage for it and need some guidence on were everything goes and comes together. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Nite Moves, I am going through a similar situation. My solution was to get rid of the stupid factory crap and go with Lokar solutions. Much cleaner, much easier, less hassle, more professional. Just my opinion, Tom

You will need to lengthen the top rod a little to accomodate for the different locations for the throttle cable attachment to the throttle cable bracket from the 4 bbl to the 2 bbl bracket...

You will need to lengthen the top rod a little to accomodate for the different locations for the throttle cable attachment to the throttle cable bracket from the 4 bbl to the 3 bbl bracket...

KARL,,,,,,,,,,,Thanks a ton. I figured out somewhat how it goes but the diagram is picture peferfect..........Thank you.:prayer::prayer:

KARL,,,,,,,,,,,Thanks a ton. I figured out somewhat how it goes but the diagram is picture peferfect..........Thank you.:prayer::prayer:

Yes, I like the diagrams to see what direction to point the ends... :banghead:

We're putting the linkages together on my son's 71 Valiant 4 door. So this is fresh in my mind... #-o

Yes, I like the diagrams to see what direction to point the ends... :banghead:

We're putting the linkages together on my son's 71 Valiant 4 door. So this is fresh in my mind... #-o

Karl, i have a question. The top rod that meets the braket at tranny, what kind of clip is used. Im sure it just dosent sit there ??????I have a bunch of clips but nothing will work to hold it on to the bracket.

It's a round one that the ball snaps into. I will go try to look for one. I have lost a few because sometimes they get loose and fall off the linkages when you have them apart...

BRB...

It's made of thin stamped steel and wraps around the end of the rod... Hopefully these pictures will be clear enough for you to see. I have two other rods where they came off and need to find some replacements sometime...

If someone knows where to buy some, I would like to know..

View attachment Kickdn Clip A01 B.jpg

View attachment Kickdn Clip A02 B.jpg

Pardon my grease, but we have them installed on our car already and I lube the contact points/joints for so it moves freely and doesn't bind... (notice the anti sieze on the threaded portion...)

View attachment Kickdn Clip A03 B.jpg

Lokar kick down cable- you will feel the difference and be able to tune to your preference - how early the trans shifts

It's made of thin stamped steel and wraps around the end of the rod... Hopefully these pictures will be clear enough for you to see. I have two other rods where they came off and need to find some replacements sometime...

If someone knows where to buy some, I would like to know..

View attachment 1714875260

View attachment 1714875261

Pardon my grease, but we have them installed on our car already and I lube the contact points/joints for so it moves freely and doesn't bind... (notice the anti sieze on the threaded portion...)

View attachment 1714875262

Thanks Karl but its the other end im a bit puzzled with

Hey Ed have you got your B&M shifter hook up yet? The tranmission line is going to be in the way of the B&M bracket,Karl have you ever ran into that problim,if so whats the fix.

Snake, i re did my lines after the shifter was in.......No problems with the cable or brkt

Would love to see a pic of what you did,to see if its dirrerent than what i have done in the past.One would think B&M would take the tranny line in a count.

Thanks Karl. Great pics. It appears to be a totally different clip at that area Then the other attachments ( Bango style....) I seen these somewhere in your pic but cant remember were or there name........

You have to be sure to use the right clip (left handed or right handed, and proper size) to make sure that they do not interfere with the travel of the linkages. If the clip interferes with the linkage, then use the opposite "hand" one, ie. left vs. right, or right vs. left.... They are mirror images of each other...

-
Back