need a half second

-
Yep spend a thousand dollar + on converter, heads, camshaft kit (possible break in issues to boot), carb, intake whatever to get .5 sec or squeeze it for under $300 and get maybe a full second, Makes total sense to me.:dontknow:

Carry on.:-\"

Don't sweat the grammar. It's a bit hard to read your post. Try making a new line, hit the enter key, for a different thought just to break up the clump. I think everyone gets where you are going with your post which is the important part. :thumbup:

I agree with Rob here. I wouldnt tear the entire motor down. Its running good. Take little steps. Tuning the carb and ignition, may be try some carb spacer. Then switch a part like the carb or intake and do some more tunning.

Good post Rumble !!!!!! 8)

Thanks JD.

mr.318 i take little things to heart so i 'll post no more i've seen way worst writing than mine makes me feel like a jerk thanks for all your help guess i'll go back to reading books mabey i'll learn how to write
I'll take that as humor. It's just a little hard to read a run on sentence.

onehellofadart
Ahem, Mr.318 don't let someone correcting your grammar sour you on this maybe he was an English teacher and just can't kick it if you know what I mean I don't think he meant any harm now did you mr. Rumblefish anyway im sure he didnt lets concentrate on going faster than your boy!
Peace gentlemen!

LOL, Of course not. Theres only one person on the net I like to chase down and break balls on. He's not here!

Crackedback; Don't sweat the grammar. It's a bit hard to read your post. Try making a new line, hit the enter key, for a different thought just to break up the clump. I think everyone gets where you are going with your post which is the important part.
You bet were here to help. I like the family/brotherhood of it all.

grumpuscreature
Yeah, don't let little things like this bother you. FWIW, Mr. Rumblefish made 17 grammatical or spelling errors in his post (no harm intended, just making a point) which proves he's human as well. Don't give up and walk away, we haven't got your 318 running as you want it yet. I'm thinking a set of Magnum heads, a 284 degree cam, a single plane intake (318's love 'em), and a 750 vacuum secondary Holley will get you close. Just my $.02.

Ha ha ha, none taken. I am the fish in the bbl. (He he he) you can take shots at me all day long. English is NOT a strong point at all. I actually look like a dummy in spelling, somewhat like I know what I'm talking about when it comes to MoPars. He he he.
I tend not to proof read and, in addition, I blame my fat fingers (OK, Lame) and working overnights to boot. (Theres some merit there.)

AND Adam, right to biz ness as usaual. (LOL) :walk:

I've seen a heck of a lot owrse for typing and grammar. It's a car site..lol. take a few extra minutes and read the post a couple times.. Then it starts to make more sense...lol.

Now, on to the subject at hand... I think two things are happening. The gears and convertor are keeping the engine in the low rpm band well. The intake and small carb are keeping the torque level up. But, IMO, limiting the package. I would think the XE268 cam has enough in it to make the power in a 318. But, hp is not torque. If you want more HP, you will need to give up a little on the low end. I would replace the intake with an RPM for the 318s. I dont think I'd go air gap unless you re-gear it. But the RPM will help more than the stock intake. The carb IMO is too small. 600s are fine for stret cars, but the power levels on performance engines need more air. I dont think a double poumper is the key. I think a properly tuned vaccum secondary 650 would be perfect. Or the Thnuder version Edelbrock in the 650 size. The main reason being, with both of those, you can tailer the secondaries easier. The real improvement would be by re-gearing. 3.55s aint much. the low 1st geare helps, but really you should be running 3.91s at least. Maybe the quick fix is running a 3.55 gear set and toss a couple of the shortest slicks you can get in the trunk for the drive. 4.10s and 28" tires are very similar to 3.55s and a 25" slick.

i take little things to heart so i 'll post no more i've seen way worst writing than mine makes me feel like a jerk thanks for all your help guess i'll go back to reading books mabey i'll learn how to write

I hope youre only kidding as I dont write near as well as you I run on all the time and forget to use periods but that doesnt make what i have to say any less Important than what anybody else on this site has to say My swinger has 360 heads with 202 valves and it runs 7.20s in the 1/8 with a 750 carb with an advertized 565 585 cam and My plugs show a good burn so there are several combos that work just my .02 cents worth

-
Back