Need a little advice about rust.

-

Vic Storm

Reaction score
I managed to leave some bare metal exposed so after I take the surface rust off, is there anything I need to do to assure that it doesn't return after I paint?

rear rust.jpg

spry bom primer will not shed water. use paint even if you put it on bare metal it will be better then rust or if you use the primer stiil put paint over it. unless you use an enamel base't primer. lacor primer will not shed water.. just tring to help

I would hit it with some rust converter.
C

Me Too but it is hard to escape seeing how I don;t have $5000 to let some one else paint it.
man i was painting in the wrong ara. wen i was painting cars i would paint a car for 350.00 bucks and buy the paint. if you do a little reading and have an air comp. you can do it your self the two stag paint is like spraing primer and the clear has come a long way from wear it started.and if you get a run just sand it out and buff.that 5000$ job will prob.be buffet for the same reason.

rust converter and a 3m purple wheel on an angle grinder, or a small sandblaster. Prime it with a good epoxy primer like DP (PPG). Keep it out of the sun.

Brush OSPHO(phosphoric acid)on the exposed areas. It nutralizes the rust for a long time. I have been using it for 20 years. Then you dont have to do all that other prep work untill you are ready.

-
Back