Need a little help in advance

-

Walker434

Reaction score
Hello everyone. In a few weeks I will be replacing my worn out 318 with my Magnum 360 build. The 318 currently has a Weiand Stealth intake with a Carter AFB 625 carb. The magnum 360 that will be going in the 71 dart will have an Edelbrock Airgap manifold and a brand new Holley 750 DP. The question is will my current throttle cables, springs, brackets, factory kickdown cable, ect work with the taller airgap and new Holley?

I am just trying to make sure I have all the necessary parts because this will be a one weekend swap in my buddies garage about 60 miles away. I am driving the dart there and hope to drive it home so I need to have all the parts for the swap.

I have everything else for this swap... driver's side motor mount, correct magnum flywheel and balancer, ect. Just need the info on correct throttle cables ect.

Thanks in advance for the help.

the LA 318 throttle bracket is mounted on the intake..the intake bolts go in on an angle...the Magnum engines bolts go in vertical...think you might have a problem there...

problem with magnum bracket has it has no provision for kickdown linkage,,,,

AR Engineering has a bunch of brackets...

http://arengineering.com/home-page/throttle-bracket-kits/

but his magnum bracket use the Lokar cable for kickdown linkage...

you might be able to take the stock bracket and bend it to fit...wont cost anything...

Thanks for the heads up 70aar I hadn't thought about that yet. I have been using the Magnum Swap website that LX guy set up but it doesn't really cover the throttle cables or brackets. I can use the Lokar throttle and kickdown if I have to I was just hoping to save the $$$. This is kind of a budget build. I may look into modifiying/bending my original 318 bracket. What have other FABO magnum swap folks done?

Hi. My son and I have already did this swap. LX's site has a lot of useful info. I don't know which tranny you are planning to use, be sure to get a flywheel or flex plate balanced for the magnum. I went to Brewers Performance. Nice people to deal with. To answer your question, I used my 40 year old cable on my conversion. I used a throttle cable bracket that I found in our local parts store. Summit sells a similar one part number SUM-G1414 for under 10 bucks. The wire tie in the pic is because of the cheap plastic used to center the cable. It broke when I switched from a Holley to Edelbrock. I hope the pictures help.

Attachments

• IMG_1992.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 339
  • IMG_1993.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 518
  • IMG_1994.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 707
I used the bracket kit from Bouchillon Performance Engineering (BPE), www.bperacing.com ,along with their kickdown cable kit. You can adapt your stock throttle cable to their bracket or use an aftermarket throttle cable like LOKAR. That's the route I went. Looks very clean.
Trying to find a pic.

Quantity:

BPE Accelerator Cable Mounting Bracket
Reg. Price:
$40.00
Sale Price:
$36.00
Save:
$4.00

New 4 barrel Accelerator Cable Bracket that works on all single 4 barrel & 2 x 4 barrels
found on Mopar 6 cylinders, A-engines, B/RB engines and Hemi's. Height of the intake
manifold or placement of carburetor does not effect installation. The length of your accelerator
cable will be the only limit you have. Works as a great compliment to our Kickdown
Cable Kit (#3350). It cleans up the intake manifold area of your engine. Works with all
manual transmission vehicles, but will not work with OE Kickdown Linkage.
This new Accelerator Cable Bracket is so adjustable that the sky is the limit when
it comes to adjusting the Angle and Height of the bracket just by adjusting and
using longer 10-24 screws with spacers (not included in BPE3395 Kit)
made from ¼” copper tubing.

Found them....

Attachments

• IMG_0538.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_0536.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 299
I did a 318 to 360 swap. Used Magnum-Style heads(by edelbrock) air-gap intake. Quick Fuel 650 carb(which is basically a Holly DBL pumper) My stock linkage did not work... I used Lokar.....

Looks great works great!!

Thanks for the replies everyone. I ended up with a little better Christmas bonus than I thought I would get so I went ahead and ordered the Lokar throttle cable kit that comes with return springs and bracket. I also ordered the kickdown cable for my 904 transmission.

Bozvaliant, when I got my 5.9 out of the junkyard I was able to get the flexplate too so I will be using the factory magnum balancer and factory magnum flexplate. I believe I finally have all the parts I need so as soon as my buddy has an open weekend we will be doing this swap!

Thanks FABO for the help!

Take pics and post while you are doing the swap so we can see your progress.

-
Back