Need a little ram hemi help

-

MidTexCuda

Ancient Member
Reaction score
Sorry it's not an A body but my 2006 mega cab has the sniffles.
For a little while now I have been having a low looping idle when hot and a conk out frome time to time when cold. My unit has no egr.
I have changed plugs, cleaned, throttle body, and reset the computer. I am getting no codes.
Could it be the Inc from having a very dirty throttle body?
Any help would be great.

Did you get this bugged out yet?
I wanna guess the minimum throttle opening is too small, and the AIS(Automatic Idle Speed) plunger is failing.But it's a guess

Last edited:
The Chrysler term is IAC or Idle Air Control Motor. Always blamed but seldom the cause, few other things to check first before you try the shot gun approach which is to throw a bunch of parts at it and hope you hit it. Big question, how many miles on the odo? If its high miles, I would suspect tiny screen under fuel regulator is clogged with junk. Will the scanner you checked codes with give you data stream? If so, check out the fuel cut % numbers. What is O2 voltage before and after the cat? Look for high voltages on O2 indication a lean condition.

My truck was idling kinda high. Saturday I removed the throttle body and cleaned it. Took out the IAC motor and it was really cruddy and cleaned it , after 160,00 its understandable. Afterwords the idle is perfect at 650 rpm. Didn't cost much, just time.

should be cleaned every 30-45K minimum. do yourself a favor and treat your ride better, it will thank you in the long run

-
Back