Need a local speed shop and MOPAR mechanic

-

chasb

Reaction score
Hey folks.

I'm located in Westchester County NY ( about 16 miles north of Manhattan)

Back in the late 60's early 70's, I could go to any of 6 or so speedshops within a 5 mile radius of my home to have any work you could imagine done to my cars.

Now even the gas stations have changed their bays into Milk Marts!!!!!!

I love my new GTS 440, but I am no mechanic and the work I need to have done cannot be done by me or some guy who forgot how to change the points in a distributor.

Are there any of you in my area that can recommend a good shop

Here's what I want to do:

1. Front disc brake conversion with the SSBC kit, keeping the 5 x 4 bolt circle. I have a set of steel rims from a disc brake car coming in from Stephens Performance. I havent purchased the SSBC kit yet, and I won't until I can find someone who knows MOPARS to install it. (I want to keep my W18 Mag hubcaps and redlines and have no real deisre to change to other wheels.) I want to keep as much originality as I can with the wheels, although this is a cruiser and local-show-only car. I am slo not averse to simply buying yje Kelsey Hayes calipers rotors and whatever else is needed and using that "OEM" setup but I still need a MOPAR mechanic to do it.

2. Replace my steering box with a power steering unit from Steer &Gear (probably) The steering on my 440GTS is worse than a dump truck I'm afraid I'll get a heart atttack trying to make the lock to lock trip.

3. Fix the horn so it doesn't beep when making a right turn.

4. Install a vinatge SUN tach and EB9 transimiiter that I am having recalibrated and converted to electronic transmission by Williamson. ( so it will no longer need those impossible to find batteries.)

5. Replace my AM radio with wheel dials- I got a 69 dart replacement unit on EBAY (near NOS)

6. Change the ring and pinion in my DANA 60 to 3:55 from 4:10 so I can cruise above 50MPH and have a reasonably accurate speedo reading.

Maybe a few other things.

I can have the stainless tips put on by Meineke
I have some touch ups to do on a couple of chips, and those steel rims to be blasted and painted to match my car (I also have dogdish hubcaps coming from hubcaps.com which I will alternate with the W18's.

DOES ANY ONE KNOW OF A GOOD SHOP NEAR ME?

Proximate ZIP Codes are 108XX and 105XX

Thanks

Chas

Mopower71 said:
How would the zip 12590 work for you?
When do you need all this done by? Is this your winter to do list?

My wife's cousin lives in Hopewell Junction

The car is actually stored at a collector car facility in Bedford/Katonah

I was hoping to have it done in March, as I don't want to takeany chances bringing the car out in the winter up here.

Who would do the work?

Chas

hey guys don't wanna hi-jack a post ,in Six Mile,SC and I need a good MOPAR MAN to fine tune my motor & carbs.,Have just gotten my 68 FASTBACK 440+6 running and need help with timming and/or carbs Runs good in shop get outside in drive and punch a bit and it detonates bad..I am disabled and leaning over the fender just kills my back. HELP PLEASE! 4406FASTBACK..Looking for good speed shop in Seneca,SC ,Anderson,SC ,Greenville,SC!

hey guys don't wanna hi-jack a post ,I am in Six Mile,SC and I need a good MOPAR MAN to fine tune my motor & carbs.,Have just gotten my 68 FASTBACK 440+6 running and need help with timming and/or carbs Runs good in shop get outside in drive and punch a bit and it detonates bad..I am disabled and leaning over the fender just kills my back. HELP PLEASE! 4406FASTBACK....WILL PAY GOOD IF YOU CAN COME TO ME AND WE CAN GO FROM THERE!
fly me over...

-
Back