Need a measurement from a - to 72 Sway Bar

-

Demonic

Reaction score
SO my original sway bar is slightly bent on my '72 Demon. It was hit just to the right of center. It's spread wider just a bit. I plan to press it back into shape. I need the end to end measurement at the link ends of a known good sway bar. Centerline of the end link holes, or o.d. of the link ends, or the width where the bar would contact the floor if it was held square, like a "n" 90 deg to the surface.

Google it. But I belive it's 44 1/4 center hole to center hole

I agree in one sense... That bar is tempered like a spring. It might have a section that gives/bends but who knows how it was engineered / where that "give" section is? I suppose one could place a bent bar beside a unbent bar and learn something. Then it could fly out of a press and injure, straighten while loosing its strength and ability to function as it should. Hell I don't know.
Just thinking you would have been better off if it had broken like torsion bars do.
In another sense... While any stabilizer bar is better than none at all, This particular bar always was a long, skinny, limber timber. Aftermarket vendors offer much better than OEM.

Google it. But I belive it's 44 1/4 center hole to center hole
I sifted through some results, but nothing conclusive from Google as far as dimensions. Mostly just aftermarket ads and some pointers back to this forum, ha ha.

Anyone else have a early bar around they can measure?

Here you go. This has been asked before by me. 44 inch is you answer.

-
Back