Need a new steering wheel. Options?

-

Sublime69

Reaction score
So I have a cheap ugly after market steering wheel on my 69 Dart currently. I am looking to upgrade to something nicer. I looked at billet specialties and damn are they expensive, not to mention they dont make adapters for a mopar. Does anyone have any cheaper options? Thanks!

Tuff wheel

granttuff.JPG

Grant makes some decent aftermarket wheels, such as the one above.

I like that Gotham wheel... I dont see any adapters on the Momo website tho. Hmmmm

Somewhere I found all the different aftermarket steering wheel bolt patterns. You could cross reference and find one or contact Momo. I think people have used them on Mopar columns. I read GM and Mopar are the same spline and size accept Mopar has a master spline. I ground it out of my stock wheel and it fit my Flaming River tilt, which is all GM and it fit fine other than the gap between the wheel and column.

Momo told me that they have a Grant to Momo adapter... so all i need to do is get that and a grant wheel adapter.

I have a MOMO wheel in my 67. The adapter was the difficult part to find ( about 8 yrs ago ). Its 1 inch tall billet aluminum between the column shaft and the wheel. I took the shaft diameter and spline count, and the height desired to some website/vendors catalog/chart. I filed away a master spline also. Anyway... there isn't a Grant part in my assembly. Just the 1 adapter. Good luck with yours.

I have a MOMO wheel in my 67. The adapter was the difficult part to find ( about 8 yrs ago ). Its 1 inch tall billet aluminum between the column shaft and the wheel. I took the shaft diameter and spline count, and the height desired to some website/vendors catalog/chart. I filed away a master spline also. Anyway... there isn't a Grant part in my assembly. Just the 1 adapter. Good luck with yours.

This is the link the Momo rep emailed me.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001P25L4W/?tag=joeychgo-20

-
Back