-
Status
Not open for further replies.

moparmorris

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I am looking for a nice set of 8 3/4 axles. It doesn't matter what they are out of, but they do need to be big bolt. I am not looking to spend a lot because i am having them cut and resplined. Thanks for your help. [email protected]

Look for C body or truck axles.

B and A body axles generally can't be resplined

When I was interested in getting mine respined, I realized that DrDiff had a set of new ones with bearings, and studs for $299. That's a price you really can't beat. You might want to look him up on Moparts.

Not intending to hijack the thread, but i am not clear on the new axles with green bearings vs resplined and factory tapered bearings. I think moparmorris might have these same questions, so i hope i'm not out of line on this! Are the green bearings good on the street and/or long distance driving? If not, how long do they last under these conditions? How do you adjust the end play and is it nececcary with green bearings? Do you need the thrust buttons in the diff. anymore? How about backing plates, brakes, and drums that are compatable with the Mosers? I know that the resplined ones aren't as strong, but for a cruiser they should be o.k. right? How much does it cost to respline the axles vs new? I keep getting different answers to this so many of us are still unclear. Thanks Tom.:-D

I have a set of stock a-body axles that were re-drilled to the large bolt pattern. Comes with set of new green bearings, (they just need pressed on) $125 + shipping.

I have the re-drilled drums too for $50 + shipping

PM me if interested.

I've got a pair of axles out of a 69 A108 van. Pay the shipping and they're yours. If you want the backing plates with new wheel cylinders and shoes, I'd take $40 for the paiir (10in brakes).

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back