need a workbench?`

-

DRENO

Reaction score
We can't all build a fancy workbench like Ramcharger.So for those of you who can't design one or just can't figure out to get started here is one I built about 8 years ago.The plans are still on the internet for a meazly $6. It is very easy to build and requires basic tools. For the bench top you can chosse what you want.I had an old door kickin round at the shop.It makes a great bench top 1 3/4" solid wood,with a door knob hole in it,lol.8)

67 081f.JPG

Yea,I know,but I've seen some of your garages.:-D Don't make my mistake and get the full extension drawer slides.That wasn't too bright of me not to post the website:
http://www.plansnow.com/wwrkbnch.html

67 081f.JPG

I did the same thing in my old shop DRENO :-D I used it as a paint mixing table that was on hinges and to small chains on each end :happy10: and when I was not using it I would lift and fold it up against the wall. No drawers on my door top, Space saver

I have the exact tool box/stool you have there on the floor on the right :-D

I recycled an old countertop unit. Lots of drawers. The sink is gone as the top got replaced. Im thinking of sheathing the top in tin now as it is kind of battered,lol.

I should have made it taller as well. Being an older counter,it is also shorter.

I have recycled several counters. There are now two work table/benches in my shop and they cost me nothing,lol.

Im also looking for another countertop unit. It will become a flow bench.

Hey Dave using an old door was ingenious, because now you have a built in beer/drink holder for those long projects!:thumbrig:

I hear ya Mark,problem is I don't think I could find anything on that bench.I got some cleaning up to do.8)

I recycled an old countertop unit. Lots of drawers. The sink is gone as the top got replaced. Im thinking of sheathing the top in tin now as it is kind of battered,lol.

I should have made it taller as well. Being an older counter,it is also shorter.

I have recycled several counters. There are now two work table/benches in my shop and they cost me nothing,lol.

Im also looking for another countertop unit. It will become a flow bench.

One of the biggest problems with work benches or any work surface.When I had to make a mobile cart for rekeying large buildings door to door I made sure of 1 thing,it had to be the right height.Extended periods of time being even slightly bent over will kill ya.Makes working more comfortable as well.Sometimes had to spend 7-8 hours working off the top of it.8)

I did the same thing in my old shop DRENO :-D I used it as a paint mixing table that was on hinges and to small chains on each end :happy10: and when I was not using it I would lift and fold it up against the wall. No drawers on my door top, Space saver

I have the exact tool box/stool you have there on the floor on the right :-D

I was thinking of something like that for my garage so I didn't take up space.Hinged on the wall with fold down legs.8) Thx for the reminder.

-
Back