Need advice and also a warning.

-
So, what's being done about the situation? I really hope the OP gets his car.
We'll, I really just started the process after getting the advice from this thread. Nothing has happened yet. Once it's resolved or I give up, I'll post the result good or bad. I'm hoping for good but optimistic it'll be somewhere in the middle.

One of the cool things about this site is the opportunity to learn from mistakes and use the fantastic brain trust at hand. I for one would be very interested in a step by step on what your plan is and how it unfolds. It looks like you have been around the block and still was sucked in by this crook. Others could have very easily made the same mistake. What I would like to see now is a successful path thru this and how you achieve it.

Oh so did I make an assumption about you without knowing you? Again, I apologize. I've also been around this site for 10 years! Ha! Beat that! Don't be offended.

I had one deal go bad in 30 years didn't know how to deal with it. All I was asking for was advice.

Your first statement was offensive and offered nothing valuable to the conversation.

Since you think I pay other people to change the blinker fluid in my Bentley, then how about I buy you the gaskets and bolts you need for your Chinese heads and you come down an help me get the car. Fair trade? Insulting enough?
Okay first off I asked you not to quote me so you can get the last word.. I pushed the watch thread part so I wouldn't be part of the problem..
It's funny you talk about help and how I pay for my parts. What I actually do for a living is privately help people restore their cars at their house. This way nothing gets out of their control and I get paid on a daily basis... So with that said if you're willing to pay my expenses travel-wise and housing in food-wise and willing to pay my very unbelievably low rate I would be more than willing to come help... After all that's what I do... And I do it for this particular reason as well that people get ripped off by shops and overcharged for labor... I took off and just got back from some errands and while I was driving I was having a good giggle to myself at the thought of somebody calling me untrustworthy... Good luck with your car...
Also you win you've been on the Forum longer...

Okay first off I asked you not to quote me so you can get the last word.. I pushed the watch thread part so I wouldn't be part of the problem..
It's funny you talk about help and how I pay for my parts. What I actually do for a living is privately help people restore their cars at their house. This way nothing gets out of their control and I get paid on a daily basis... So with that said if you're willing to pay my expenses travel-wise and housing in food-wise and willing to pay my very unbelievably low rate I would be more than willing to come help... After all that's what I do... And I do it for this particular reason as well that people get ripped off by shops and overcharged for labor... I took off and just got back from some errands and while I was driving I was having a good giggle to myself at the thought of somebody calling me untrustworthy... Good luck with your car...
Also you win you've been on the Forum longer...
Haha. I will not stop quoting you. This exchange reminds me of my friends and I back in highschool. We were vicious to each other but great friends. This turned into a burn contest and now I'm laughing at us. I would love to have some help with a restoration. But I'd have to see your work first. See.....I'm learning. My real problem here in San Jose is a place to work on a car and now the rain is coming.

Well, the Fresno Police are no help until an altercation starts. They said they will not do a courtesy stand by. I have to go there and he has to refuse to give the car up. Then I have to call the non emergency line, was just on hold for just over an hour waiting to get through to someone on the non emergency line. Can you imagine waiting on hold for that long and then waiting for them to actually get to the house? Haha. That'll be fun.

Haha. I will not stop quoting you. This exchange reminds me of my friends and I back in highschool. We were vicious to each other but great friends. This turned into a burn contest and now I'm laughing at us. I would love to have some help with a restoration. But I'd have to see your work first. See.....I'm learning. My real problem here in San Jose is a place to work on a car and now the rain is coming.
Well you asked for it...
3a7505e7566582c41a934e97ff880e61.jpg

I was certainly not trying to start a put down contest at all...
Like I first stated people are accustomed to me saying what's on my mind which if we were customer relationship I probably wouldn't say everything that was on my mind..
There isn't one nut or bolt on my Duster that hasn't been posted on this forum. There's not one nut or bolt of my Sun's Power Wagon that wasn't on this form when I pulled it out of the weeds rebuilt it and drove it to him in Colorado and is loving it in the snow which I meant for it to take my grandchildren safely about...
Honestly this is no pan for work for me I don't need the work... you sound quite confident you know what you're doing so you did not need help or experience from me I'm pretty sure of that..
And as far as a burn contests I'll have to quote my mom "the more you roll with the turd the stinkier you get"...
Have a good day and I hope all turns out well for you honestly...

Well you asked for it...
View attachment 1715428417
I was certainly not trying to start a put down contest at all...
Like I first stated people are accustomed to me saying what's on my mind which if we were customer relationship I probably wouldn't say everything that was on my mind..
There isn't one nut or bolt on my Duster that hasn't been posted on this forum. There's not one nut or bolt of my Sun's Power Wagon that wasn't on this form when I pulled it out of the weeds rebuilt it and drove it to him in Colorado and is loving it in the snow which I meant for it to take my grandchildren safely about...
Honestly this is no pan for work for me I don't need the work... you sound quite confident you know what you're doing so you did not need help or experience from me I'm pretty sure of that..
And as far as a burn contests I'll have to quote my mom "the more you roll with the turd the stinkier you get"...
Have a good day and I hope all turns out well for you honestly...
Haha, I love that episode of Seinfeld.... actually all if the episodes.

In any case. I'll post an update when something happens.

Well, the Fresno Police are no help until an altercation starts. They said they will not do a courtesy stand by. I have to go there and he has to refuse to give the car up. Then I have to call the non emergency line, was just on hold for just over an hour waiting to get through to someone on the non emergency line. Can you imagine waiting on hold for that long and then waiting for them to actually get to the house? Haha. That'll be fun.
Just call 911, tell em your a white woman and these guys carjacked you
See if they wont come and help you get it back

Didn't see it mentioned, but I hope you have all the receipts from the parts you bought and turned over to the shop.

If so, that should be a no-brainer to get back unless they have used them on other cars (it happens). At least there's a defined value. Take those and the BOS with you when you talk to the cops.

Also hopefully, the shop can produce a title that matches the VIN on the bill of sale, otherwise the price on the BOS should be refunded.

easy....walk in and tell the douche you want your car....when he starts waffling call the police and let them know there is an altercation....

easy....walk in and tell the douche you want your car....when he starts waffling call the police and let them know there is an altercation....

Tell ''shots fired'' , they`ll be there quick !
Then tell them you daid likely shots will be fired-------

-
Back