Need Advice on 408 Info

-

Rengo

Reaction score
I have a 360 sitting in my garage waiting to be bored out. My questions are, Where do I get a stroker kit? I cannot find them. What after market heads should I put on it? Its a street car I am going to go 4 barrel maybe a 750.

The motor is out of an 85 dodge truck so I need to know what mounts to get. Going into a 75 Duster with 904 and rear end will be changed as well.

I only have to pay my cell phone bill so I have a pretty free budget.
Any help will be appriciated. Thanks Jared.

and what are you building...race...street...street/strip?

You can get a stroker kit from hughes engines, and they can also custom grind you a roller cam, if thats what you want to do...Roller cams generally make a little bit more power, but are a few hundred more $...

The RHS heads are a great head and can easily support 500 HP, Give brian a call, member, OU812. he sets the heads up nicely with 202/160 valves and beehive springs. He can also set you up with a stroker kit...

An edelbrock rpm airgap will be a good manifold to use...

I make 9.00 an hour 35-40 hours a week and have no bills other than 150 a month for my cell. I have nothing saved up yet, but I plan on saving every dime other than cell money, till next Feb.

I have a 360 sitting in my garage waiting to be bored out. My questions are, Where do I get a stroker kit? I cannot find them. What after market heads should I put on it? Its a street car I am going to go 4 barrel maybe a 750.

The motor is out of an 85 dodge truck so I need to know what mounts to get. Going into a 75 Duster with 904 and rear end will be changed as well.

I only have to pay my cell phone bill so I have a pretty free budget.
Any help will be appriciated. Thanks Jared.

Our kit is 1600 fully balanced, all Scat stuff and forged KB pistons. Using our RHS heads, you can either copy our CC magazine build or substitute the cam and compression for a more streetable combination.
Here's a link to the article: http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles/ccrp_1006_small_block_mopar_stroker_dyno_test/index.html

Thank you all, this gives me something to think about while I work. I feel like I am doing all this for nothing at times, it will be worth it in the end. Im just impatient, this gives me an Idea on where to start.

-
Back