Need advice on finding trans parts and what will fit

-

Sixpack_Sid

Reaction score
I just bought a 75 Duster with no motor or trans. It originally had a 318 in it with an AT Trans. I want to put in a 360 with an 833 4spd trans manual. Where do I start finding parts? I'm having trouble locating parts and I don't know what donor cars to look for that will fit what I'm looking for. Does anyone know where I can find the pedals and what cars will fit? I heard I can use a 360 truck motor, but not sure what years would fit where I wouldn't have to mess with the fuel injection. Would a 5 spd out of a Dakota fit and would I just have to cut out the center hole for the shifter or would I have to cut out the tunnel? Would a newer trans work? It's hard to find a rwd with a 4 or 5 spd. I wouldn't mind putting in a slave drive and use a Wilwood clutch assembly, if that would work. Any help would be much appreciated!

Check with brewers. They have very knowledgeable people and a bunch of stuff for 4speeds

Last edited:
Keep checking the for sale forum on here, correct pedal assy's show up and your local Craigslist and Facebook market place also have pedals and an A833 4 speeds show up now and then and if you go with the overdrive 833 the bellhousing is different than the non overdrive do to the front input bearing size, overdrive 4 speeds started in 75 I believe but you can use an earlier non overdrive, as lenky1 stated above Brewers has a lot of info and parts on the website (good reading) good luck

I an doing the same thing going from slant six auto to 360 LA and 4 speed I had to drive a couple hrs. to get my 4 speed and 6 hrs. round trip for my motor, it did not look my pictures when I got it, did a bunch of powder coating since I bought a powder coating gun from Eastwood, my 4 speed is dated late 69 so it was in the 70 models $600 and got lucky and he included shifter linkage, shifter and shifter handle, couple pics for ya
IMG_2308.JPG
IMG_2317.JPG
thumbnail_IMG_2814.jpg

-
Back