Need advise bolting a np445 to a 325 poly

-

Jaymz

Reaction score
Two part question np 445 bolt up and motormounts alignment.

bell housing is a 2899163 dodge (for 11 inch clutch) got it bolted to a 318 la block. I pulled the np435 and stabbed the np445 and bolted right up so the input shafts are the same my guess. 325 poly (motor is out) not been drilled for a 4 speed. But according to wilcap hotheads CPL others not too big of a problem. I can't find info on early poly to np 435/445 4 speed threads for this. Mainly see a833 to early hemi poly.

Seems the 325 poly will drop into the LA 318 motormounts, the measurement is very close and close enuf to use shims. Now are the v of the 318 block same angle as 325 block or how would I measured that angle fitment.

Thanks

IMG_20190921_232442042.jpg

It's the same as a small block if it's a post 62 poly engine. It's the same as a small block before 62, but the dowel pins are in a different location so the pre 62 engines require an adapter plate kit.

It's the same as a small block if it's a post 62 poly engine. It's the same as a small block before 62, but the dowel pins are in a different location so the pre 62 engines require an adapter plate kit.

Is the A833 input shaft 23 spline the same as the np435 np445 23 spline. I could pull the trans and bell housing and mate it up to the 325 and measure that spacing. I have been told the adapter 3/4 of in wide. I hate to pull transmission to find. Now also been told had shave off a little input shaft when bolting a a833

The 325 will need the adapter plate kit. Since it is the same as the early Hemi in regards to the bellhousing bolt pattern. The kit will come with a custom flywheel or spacer depending on which kit you get. I have the Hot Heads kit on my 331 Hemi and it uses a custom flywheel with a pilot bearing made into it.

The 325 will need the adapter plate kit. Since it is the same as the early Hemi in regards to the bellhousing bolt pattern. The kit will come with a custom flywheel or spacer depending on which kit you get. I have the Hot Heads kit on my 331 Hemi and it uses a custom flywheel with a pilot bearing made into it.

What kind of 4 speed you have? I talked to Bob or someone there at hemi hot heads and very uncommon putting a heavy duty 4 speed like I got to a hemi poly

What kind of 4 speed you have? I talked to Bob or someone there at hemi hot heads and very uncommon putting a heavy duty 4 speed like I got to a hemi poly

A833 OD, 23 spline.

HEMI & TRANSMISSION.jpg

Thats tight! You have the numbers on the bell housing and is it for an 11 inch clutch?

Just to clarify, it's either a Hemi or a Poly.

Thats tight! You have the numbers on the bell housing and is it for an 11 inch clutch?

I do not have the numbers on it. It might hold an 11". It'll hold a 10.5".

If you could find an old hemi or poly truck bellhousing and flywheel you might be able to make it work. The trouble there is it would have used the old 420 transmission, which has 10 spline input and a little different bolt pattern, weird starter, and it will be a huge iron housing with mounts on the side. The adapter to the LA stuff would be better

If you could find an old hemi or poly truck bellhousing and flywheel you might be able to make it work. The trouble there is it would have used the old 420 transmission, which has 10 spline input and a little different bolt pattern, weird starter, and it will be a huge iron housing with mounts on the side. The adapter to the LA stuff would be better

He'll have just as much money wrapped up in finding all the old stuff to work, plus the aggravation of finding all of it and now he has a bunch of weird stuff that's hard to find replacement parts for. Or he could use the Hot Heads adapter kit. I'm not gonna lie. It was expensive. Mine was a tick over 700 dollars shipped, but it's nice. It's worth every penny.

He'll have just as much money wrapped up in finding all the old stuff to work, plus the aggravation of finding all of it and now he has a bunch of weird stuff that's hard to find replacement parts for. Or he could use the Hot Heads adapter kit. I'm not gonna lie. It was expensive. Mine was a tick over 700 dollars shipped, but it's nice. It's worth every penny.

I m going to buy the adapter plate package just don't know if my transmission is going to bolt up

I m going to buy the adapter plate package just don't know if my transmission is going to bolt up

That will require the correct clutch. What transmission and bellhousing have you settled on?

This transmission has the 11 inch clutch and 143 tooth flywheel. I am currently driving this truck with the 318 and np445. I know about the adapter flywheel bearing ECT. I hope that I can bolt this transmission

-
Back