Need an opinion on a Hood Scoop

-

h340

Reaction score
hey i need some opinions. should i get another steel hood and put on a hemi or 6pk scoop ( or how boot sumtin different like the max wedge scoop or ta or later snorkel scoops) and paint the hood flat black, since i cant match my paint color. what would you guys do?

108-0816_IMG.jpg223.jpg

108-0809_IMG.jpg222222222222222.jpg

112-1223_IMG22.JPG

Picture2.jpg

108-0803_IMG.jpg2.jpg

why can't you match the paint color? is it a special mix? don't you have the paint code? looks fine to me. maybe the gt hood? leave it at that...

The 1972 Demon scoop look great on these cars! My brother had one on his 69 Dart. They are not to big or to small, just the right size.

Id leave it, but either a 6bbl or Hemi scoop would look good also, So would a GTS hood.

the paint color dont get me started, i had to paint the engine compartment, because the outside was already painted.. i went through hell and back to get it that close its a tiny off. i sent paint samples to dupont and they sent me some paint that was for a Mazda???? so thats why. i love the car how it is but im tired of looking over that flat boring hood you know what i mean.

I went through the same thing with my 69 on trying to decide what to do and to be honest im still torn between them.

Seeing your car almost makes me want to go back green with mine as it was the factory color :salute: (hope you dont mind but here is a pic of mine)

walker county car show 092.jpg

It's a shame you can't match the paint perfectly, because a six pack hood painted the body colour looks awesome on Darts. I can't match my paint either, by the way, it's driving me nuts.

Some of you Photoshop'n guys help him out and add a few different style scoops. Shouldn't be too hard.

Jerry

yeah if someone with photoshop can show me that would be like a christmas present because makin a decision is impossible

dart360custom thats a sharp car i like it white, its different i always see them red or orange or blue, course you dont see many darts either

Goody is the only one on the board that I know who is good with photoshop.

i dug around and came up with a few scoops and 1 gts hood. you be the judge.....

dart1.jpg

dart2.jpg

dart3.jpg

dart4.jpg

dart5.jpg

hey man whats up. Car is sweet! Well in my opinion I love the GTS hood with the "power bulges" But If you want to get an idea what the 340 scoop looks like against the side body lines and the square cornered windshield (dusters are rounded at the top corners) try looking at my valiant. Dont mind the "work in progress" paint and body! lol check it out. You may have to copy and paste this.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2450328

there is a T/A scoop, that i have not seen on an a-body yet , that I think might look cool.

pr-2.jpg

It can be found along with amlost any scoop at www.up22.com

I have never bought anything from these folks, so this is not an endorsement.

Robb Adams

RobbAdams said:
there is a T/A scoop, that i have not seen on an a-body yet , that I think might look cool.

pr-2.jpg

It can be found along with amlost any scoop at www.up22.com

I have never bought anything from these folks, so this is not an endorsement.

Robb Adams

Run away from them as fast as you can........my hood is from them and I will never buy fiberglass from them again......garbage...junk.....well it's not bad if you like stripping and mudding everything to get them smooth and ready for paint.

WS racing fiberglass, AAR Quality fiberglass or Glastek would be the top three imo.

Dusterb318 said:
Run away from them as fast as you can........my hood is from them and I will never buy fiberglass from them again......garbage...junk.....well it's not bad if you like stripping and mudding everything to get them smooth and ready for paint.

Although I have not personally seen their stuff I do know that no matter where you buy fiberglass from it's not going to be straight or smooth unless you buy some heavyweight AAR pieces or something like that. But then I've heard bad stories about them too. But again, I don't know as I've never personally dealt with them.

Put it this way....my hood from Unlimited.....it's supposed to be a six-pack hood which it is. Instead of it being one piece; Unlimited makes a flat hood. Cuts a hole in it and bonds a scoop to it.....and does a crappy job at it too.

-
Back