Need cam suggestions

-

slimjim

Reaction score
Alright well after two and a half years into the bcuda I am drawing close to the finish line. I have completely finished the body and paint(never will I start with a body that bad haha), and I have pretty much finished the short block. My next buy is going to be the cam. I have a 92 roller LA 360 that is freshly machined and bored 30 over, probe forged flat top pistons, scat I beam rods, stock crank polished, RPM air gap intake, 8 3/4 rear with 3.23, and a 3000 stall converter. It has been balanced and ready to be assembled. I still plan on topping it off with a set of Eddie RPM heads and a 750 demon. I'm looking to get at least 425 horses. Which cam should I go with without breaking the bank? Thanks :prayer:

What size tire? Gear ratio appears numerically low.

What style cam do you want? Hyd. Solid, roller?

Ive got 245/70r14 tires in the back. I plan on upgrading to 3.55 or even 3.73 but I'm stuck with my 3.23 for at least another year or so. I plan on driving on the street 90% of the time. Which style do you think I should go with for my build so far?

You want solid or hyd roller?
Use a set of roller rockers (I like my comp pro mags on my eddy heads) and a solid with a cast iron gear on it with a harden intermediate shaft.

Check out a Howards 710525-10 A retro fit LA hyd roller.Use the standard cast intermediate shaft.282/286 adv duration. 229/233 @ .050. 110 lobe centers..520/.515 lift ,on 1.5 la rockers.Power band,2000-6000. Lopey idle,9.5 comp recommended.I stuffed one,in my Magnum.Close to lighting it.Picked mine up from Competition Products,cost 309.95.

As I just recently said in another thread, try to choose a camshaft with lobes. Those seem to work better than those without.

Been getting beat up for my suggestions lately so I am trying to keep it general.

1357 or 1331 from oregon should be a good match to that, cheap too. I just got in touch with them about grinding the 1331 on a 110 for my magnum and they quoted me $143.00

What about the comp cams XR280 hyd roller? Do you think this cam is capable of throwing down 450 horses without a problem?

Glad I could oblige. I figure if I am that vague, it will be much more difficult for people to argue with me. That ****'s gittin old.

-
Back