Need help fast with vent window

-

tekslk

Reaction score
I want to change the little upper piece holding it in the vent window track, is it just 2 ribots or more to it than that? Could it be tac welded fast?

it is riveted to the inside steel frame that the chrome outer covers up-- tack weld would work fine ,Lawrence

What size drill bit needed to get to those little suckers and get them loose?

pic

Attachments

• ventframe1 001 (Large).jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 144
  • ventframe1 003 (Large).jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 139
ok a friend gave me a drivers vent window Im notsure how I got thepiece out otherthan a little at a time. Can this be installedon the car by pulling the seal back and drilling the holes?

You have the replacement, I posted some pictures of how it is attached, you will have to decide on how to install it.
to remove that vent assembly will cause quite a bit of work & more $$ spent in the form of cat whiskers.

I do not know the condition of your parts --but when you weld will that not discolor the chrome?

maybe braze them in place?
spot weld?
very short flat headed screw?
for that matter remove the head of the rivet carefully & you will have a stud to mount the new pivot?
options are out there, Lawrence

Reinstalled with ribbots pulled the seal down drilled out the old and in with the new probably took 45 minutes because a old ribbot dropped in the track I had to fish out. Now I have passenger side lower piece with the knob and stud. I want to no how do you change it. If I remove the glass from the old frame does the lower piece just lift out? HELP. SOS.

If you look at the 3rd photo you see the vent window piece with the latch on it has a stud sticking off the bottom of it that fits through the vent window frame and has a clip (also in the 3rd photo) that retains it. I don't know how you would get at that clip in the car. I just took the drivers door on my 67 Cuda apart and learned the hard way how not to do it. I discovered that the vent window frame is held into the heavy chrome piece by some studs on the heavy chrome piece that stick through holes in the vent window frame and are then peened over. 2 of the 3 peened over studs were broken off, it's going to be a challenge to fix. The only reason I took the door apart is because it's damaged and the replacement door I got does not have any glass in it.

Thanks to cudacrazy67 for donating parts to fix not one but both vent windows.

-
Back