need help on correct stall

-

74demon

Reaction score
Hey how's everyone doing? .....so here the deal i have a 360 magnum that I been messing with and I just received my 904 trans with trans brake and reverse valve body i am running a danna 60 spool Detroit locker (yes I know overkill) any way need little help picking a right stall I'm thinking a 2500 to 2800 but few people told me look into 2800 3500 just would like to get some other input.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-26-12-00-06.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 206
............It really is best to call a converter company like Ultimate, PTC, Dynamic..........kim..........

This^^^^.

Why put a car together and second guess on one of the most important pieces to the puzzle.

Do it once and do it correctly.

Use of the car is what will determine what stall you like best. Most here will assume you want the stall that gives you the best E.T. slip. If you are doing a lot of highway driving, you may chose something different.

i agree.. call dynamic,ptc and ultimate and see what they have to say.

when i bought one for my dart dynamic recommended a 9.5" 3500. i was shocked because it was more a street car.. he said it will be fine. i trusted hime and boy was he right. drove like a stock converter on the street but launched like you were shot out of a cannon at the track.. best of all worlds.

i agree.. call dynamic,ptc and ultimate and see what they have to say.

when i bought one for my dart dynamic recommended a 9.5" 3500. i was shocked because it was more a street car.. he said it will be fine. i trusted hime and boy was he right. drove like a stock converter on the street but launched like you were shot out of a cannon at the track.. best of all worlds.

Getting the best of both worlds always bring a smile

Go to this website. Look for downloads, and there will be the information sheet they require customers to fill out to order a high stall. As others have pointed out, a converter company needs a lot of information to get you the converter that suits your application.
www.tcsproducts.com

We could tell you what converter to use, but we're stalling.... :color:

Call Kris at Continental in California, a great MOPAR convertor guy 310-674-1072

there is a general guide based on cam duration but i can't find it at the moment.
Call Dynamic..their race / street 9 1/2" converter truly is a great piece.I think they reverse the stator or rotor compared to a conventional converter. Anyway they are very tight and efficient for regular driving but still flash when required.

How much gear in the rear, how heavy is the car, what is the cam duration @.050 Any idea what the torque curve of the motor is? a 10" out of the box 2500 stall would be a good guess, we ran them 100 years ago on a plain jane street car . Be decent wont make a lot of heat.

A good converter guy would love you to have a dyno sheet.

A 2500 converter with a transbrake? Why bother?

Even with a 3500, doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

............It really is best to call a converter company like Ultimate, PTC, Dynamic..........kim..........

^^^^^^^, nothing else to add to that.

Remember, over-stalling can be bad too, it pisses the lower portion of your torque
curve away. Then you have a power band 2/3 of what it oughta be.Under and you have
a launch dog.
You have a dyno-sheet and a phone............:glasses7:

they will need to know alot of info on your car...

engine size...cam...intake..carb...headers...gearing..weight of car...and more..

converter can only be made correctly if you give them correct info..

Thanks guys I'll make some calls over the weekend thanks for the point in the right direction.....this will be my first auto car all else was manuals so still learning a bit

-
Back