Need help/opinions asap

-

Nite Moves

Reaction score
Hello all. I realy need your help on a matter. Hope I posted this in the right thread. I have my Ram for sale. I have received emails from a guy wanting to buy it. problem is that he wants to pay through paypal. Im a bit reluctant to this sense of my paypal acct of course accessing my bank acct. Has anyone done this? are you well protected? Any help or insight on this is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks FABO........Im happy to sell because then my Dart can get done but I don't need any further set backs especially scamed.Never done anything this big before.

One word, SCAM!
Cash talks, anything else walks. If it is legit, the guy decides he has buyers remorse, whatever, goes to Paypal, files a complaint, gets his money back and still has title to truck. Nope, not me, cash or check.

For what it's worth I'm also selling a vehicle and had an Email from someone wanting to pay with Pay pal also. Was the guy working off shore as well. I chose to go with bank draft or certified cheque.

For what it's worth I'm also selling a vehicle and had an Email from someone wanting to pay with Pay pal also. Was the guy working off shore as well. I chose to go with bank draft or certified cheque.

No, I gave him my phone # a bit ago. If I receive no call, no deal for sure. I like to sell but its startin to sound weird.

Don't do it. It could be legit but could also be a scam and he could have hacked somebody's paypal acct.

He says hes from Quebec. He needed my address for pick up of the ram and wants to pay via paypal that way its a done deal. He wants it and dosent want to lose out on it. The adds been up for 2 days and he has easier access through paypal then trying to get to a bank for cash or cert. cheque.??????????????????

He says hes from Quebec. He needed my address for pick up of the ram and wants to pay via paypal that way its a done deal. He wants it and dosent want to lose out on it. The adds been up for 2 days and he has easier access through paypal then trying to get to a bank for cash or cert. cheque.??????????????????

Take a small deposit via PayPal and the rest in cash when he shows up.

I ain't skeered of personal checks on deals like this. Long as you wait till it clears. A check IS a binding contract, after all.

Out of curiosity, why is this a scam ? He pays through paypal...plus the charge and then you cross the money down into your account. You are not sending anything money back... It could be just a way that he is putting this on his credit card.

I pay through paypal all the time...

I need some edjamakation here..

Ian.

Too bad you are selling your ram..I like rams..

Because he can file a claim and get his money back. Then he has the money and the vehicle. Paypal will do it too, because they don't give a damn about the seller.

Because he can file a claim and get his money back. Then he has the money and the vehicle. Paypal will do it too, because they don't give a damn about the seller.

But if he moves it down to his own account, then the claim will fizzle out...paypal will not refund monies if none are in the account..I learned this the hard way...

Out of curiosity, why is this a scam ? He pays through paypal...plus the charge and then you cross the money down into your account. You are not sending anything money back... It could be just a way that he is putting this on his credit card.

I pay through paypal all the time...

I need some edjamakation here..

Ian.

Too bad you are selling your ram..I like rams..

First Thanks everyone. Its not sounding like a deal. I emailed him back with no response yet. I told him no paypal. If he wanted my Ram fine. He could send me a cheque for only $50 in a express post envelope to hold it for 14 days.Thus trusting me. hell out $50 for something you really want plus gave him my phone number............As it is nothing. Sounds like a scam to me. To bad. Had all these ideas and great thoughts of driving the Dart in the spring. Shes still for sale and hope to get more interest. Not a good time of the year to be selling a 2wheel drive lowered Ram..LOL Again as always great support here and thoughtfulness. FABO does rock and so does MOPAR god bless

I feel bad...it is a sweet looking truck..there is a buyer out there...

First Thanks everyone. Its not sounding like a deal. I emailed him back with no response yet. I told him no paypal. If he wanted my Ram fine. He could send me a cheque for only $50 in a express post envelope to hold it for 14 days.Thus trusting me. hell out $50 for something you really want plus gave him my phone number............As it is nothing. Sounds like a scam to me. To bad. Had all these ideas and great thoughts of driving the Dart in the spring. Shes still for sale and hope to get more interest. Not a good time of the year to be selling a 2wheel drive lowered Ram..LOL Again as always great support here and thoughtfulness. FABO does rock and so does MOPAR god bless

If he is serious and not a scammer he will take you up on that in a heart beat.

Seems like you figured this one out but I will chime in anyways. Don't do it. Also don't accept certified checks unless you and the buyer go to the bank the check is drawn from.

PayPal's protection only covers items shipped, where you have a tracking number. Without that, your on your own. Buyer can say his account was hacked, funds stolen etc. That's on PayPal's own site.

In terms of certified checks, I can print one up right now, you can take it to your bank and deposit it, it will even be good for a bit until it actually finishes the trail. Your bank will attempt to pull the money back out of your account and if it's already been spent or whatever your liable for it. Ask your bank next time you go in, I did and that was the advice they gave me.

You can send spoof emails from any address you want, that's also why if you get an email from PayPal or hell, any email from a financial institute you don't click any links in the email, instead go to your browser and type in whatever site it is, log into your account that way. Also, for any private information make sure the site you are on or logging into is https instead of http, as the s means a secure socket and SSL encryption, other wise http is sending whatever information your filling out as plain text... you don't want that going over the net.

But if he moves it down to his own account, then the claim will fizzle out...paypal will not refund monies if none are in the account..I learned this the hard way...
NOT True paypal will refund monies if there are not there and expect you to put them back in asap...fyi

If email is the only way the buyer will contact you and will not verse by phone then its not a real deal.

When selling autos I get tons of emails in regards to Offshore or out of Province blah blah.. Then most time they will send someone to pick up the car etc...

I send back send me your phone # and I will call you...

You will never hear from them

You should post he first response to your sale and let us read it.. I bet if you take the entire email and search it in google you will or might find its fake...

There is a lot good advice in this thread... too bad sometimes you have to learn it the hard way..

BTW, I like cash when selling a large object..

Thanks everyone. I just sent him back a email stating no deal. If he wants it that bad he will make a way to come and get it. he has my phone # no call last nite. Im moving on. Also thanks for a lot of insight and info on Paypal . Im learning a lot from this site not just about cars

-
Back