Need help..stock '74 engine compartment pics.

-

saabfan9

Reaction score
Hey guys I need some help. I'm working on a 1974 Valiant 318 a/c. I need help with vacuum and electrical harness routings. I just can't come up with a good search (air cleaner is always in the way) there are some un-plugged connectors in the corner by the brake booster. Clueless about the vacuum/rubber routing. Any stock engine compartment pictures (with air cleaner off) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for any help.

Can you post pictures of what you have and maybe we can play "guess where this connector goes"???

In that corner, you should have a ballast resistor, voltage regulator, washer pump (if electric squirter), and some other stuff....

yes right in that corner. all those things listed are in place. there is a red 4 pin connector and a brown 1 pin taped up in the same factory looking harness. although the po has cut the hell out of the harness and a lot of it appears to be factory harness (easy to pick out the non-oe wiring)

Show us what you have and we can tell you what we can...

Post some pictures...

Here are a few pictures of my 1974 Scamp 318 with air hope they help. If you need some better ones or something specific let me know and I will get them for you.
Bob

IMG_0704.JPG

IMG_0705.JPG

IMG_0706.JPG

IMG_0707.JPG

IMG_0708.JPG

IMG_0709.JPG

IMG_0710.JPG

IMG_0711.JPG

IMG_0712.JPG

THANK YOU VERY MUCH. extremely helpful, what is the relay in the corner for the red connector?

-
Back