Need help to remove seat.....

-

6770Dartman

Reaction score
I need to remove the driver's seat on my '70 Dart Swinger. It is a bucket seat. I looked under the seat and saw rails but no bolts to remove. I noticed what appeared to be round bolts but they were completely round and had no sides to remove them with. Can someone please give me some guidance. Thanks:read2:

There should be 4 nuts that need to be removed from underneath the car 1/2 or 9/16 socket.

the seats bolt to the tracks with horizontal bolts. these can be used to ajust pitch on the seat

For what's worth, if you need to replace them I bought eight new ones from boltdepot.com and they were/are perfect. I found automotive steel chromed carriage bolts and they look great. I had gutted my interior recently and decided to get new ones during the process.
I also found new washer-nut combinations which are identical to the original equipment used to fasted the bolts from underneath the floor pan at http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/64-7...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item20ae52b92e
Did you get your seats removed?

The bolts of the tracks go through the floor and are accessed from under the car. 1/2"

So the simple answer is, I must get under the car to get to the 4 bolts to get the seats out correct?

Thanks to all! I'll probably give it a shot this weekend.

You might want to spray them w/ some kind of penetrating oil ahead of time, since they're under the car. Giving them a little time to soak could make your quest for removal much easier.....:)

Seat came out easy. Bolts were not too tight. Found $.46 under seat.
Re-discovered how nice the underside of the car is. Thanks to original owner who undercoated this car. Also see that 1/2 of the exhaust system is original!!!
Seat frame is probably bent. Took it to a top interior guy here in NJ. You had to see the collectors cars this guy was working on. Concourse Packards, Mercedes, Vette's, etc. I knew I took seat to the right place. By the way if you are in NJ or NY I will put the guys card on this thread. (I hope I am allowed to). Anyway lots of guys from Stan Island and Long Island come all the way to Linden, NJ to have this place work on their interiors and convertible roofs.
Thanks to everyone who guided me through this process.

Here are pictures......
Yes, that is original carpet.

DSC_1819 (Small).JPG

DSC_1820 (Small).JPG

DSC_1822 (Small).JPG

DSC_1823 (Small).JPG

DSC_1824 (Small).JPG

DSC_1825 (Small).JPG

DSC_1826 (Small).JPG

DSC_1827 (Small).JPG

DSC_1828 (Small).JPG

everlast interiors business card.jpg

While they're out, think about POR-15ing them (the seat rails) and giving them a quick topcoat of paint; good time to get it done.

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

Just like 340 said and you might consider changing to stainless steel bolts8)

BTW,those seat bases look mint!Nice job,:thumblef:the Por15 is a must.

While they're out, think about POR-15ing them (the seat rails) and giving them a quick topcoat of paint; good time to get it done.
Got the POR-15 and Black paint today. Will apply when sat gets back from upholsterer! Is that a word upholsterer???

Nice looking interior. And you got the seats out! And you made 46 cents in the process. Can't beat that. Now don't spend it all in one place! :toothy10:

Got seat back from upholsterer. Frame inside seat was bent and cracked. It had been welded at some point and weld came apart. Seat has been repaired, he put some more stuffing in seat bottom and totally replaced burlap underneath seat. Seat sits up nice and straight now and will be installed soon.

-
Back