Need Help with Picking a Color!!!

-

green440duster

Reaction score
I have a 75 Duster (see avatar) that will be getting paint this summer, it is factory beige with complete beige interior. My problem is the interior is perfect but beige, I was wondering if you guys could tell me what exterior colors go with a beige interior. I was thinking butterscotch maybe. Anyone else!!

(PS. I would like to use a stripe as well as my scoop & spoiler)
Thanks in advance
Jamie

My .02, exterior paint, black or dark green, with white stripe.
By the way I love butterscotch, but I don't think it'll look all that good over a beige interior.
White would be different also.

All the best.

Try GK6-Bronze Metallic. It is a dark brown metallic, sorta like root beer.
It would go good with the beige interior. Add black stripes and you will have a cool lookin' ride!

I like the color in the avatar as well. Plus, if you keep it that color, you won't be lost in the sea of red , orange and limelite mopars at the shows.

Thanks guys;

This helps because this is original paint (Cali car) and when I first got it it was just soild beige with beige int and beige half vinyl roof. I added the spoiler, scoop and stripe package myself and it looks like a totally different car. The only issue is that the paint being 34 years old it is cracking and needs to be freshed up, that's why I was thinking Butterscotch close but a little more impact than beige.

Thanks Again for the input.

black with white stripe...or if you dont want a stock look, i think a real deep brandywine hue would look so good with beige...just my .02...good luck with the choice!

here are the stock colors available for 75. that being said i think any of the bracketed colors would look great with a beige interior and either a black stripe or white stripe....

chart.jpg

Gun metal gray(94 viper), a nice dark blue (new dodge magnum), red(viper), burnt orange color (07 Charger R/T)or even a nice dark greeen (93-94viper) all match tan interior nicely. And I would use a black stripe with whatever color you pick, Unless its a white interior car I just dont think a white stripe matches well black ties in with the tire's, magnum wheels, and the Go-wing. or you end up with a car thats 4 colors.

Thanks guys;

This helps because this is original paint (Cali car) and when I first got it it was just soild beige with beige int and beige half vinyl roof. I added the spoiler, scoop and stripe package myself and it looks like a totally different car. The only issue is that the paint being 34 years old it is cracking and needs to be freshed up, that's why I was thinking Butterscotch close but a little more impact than beige.

Thanks Again for the input.

butterscotch would work.

I'd favor the rootbeer or some dark brown metallic w/ beige guts if it didn't have the half vynil top.
One of the very few mopars that attends the local Mccruise-in is a Duster identical to yours (less the stripe and spoiler). It may not win fans favorite but it's all original and well kept condition / appearance earns respect.
A medium to dark red might look good on yours. I'd stay away from reds that lean toward purple. My .03 cent LOL

I like the 2591 on the PPG chart and I do agree that that your Duster looks good in your Avatar

i am thinking a dark metallic green with gloss black stripes

If money is an issue you can save a lot by painting the same color, you can save on trunk paint, under the hood paint and on the door jambs.

Besides the color you have is great! You rarely pull up to one just like it - right? :cheers:

Jamie this is the brandywine that I suggested, it does look good with beige interior!

thats a gorgeous colour, especially with beige interior..you know what code that colour is?

I happen to like the beige. Different, and maybe to "blah", but the stripes add enough punch. I like it. Plus, like others said, it's unique. How many red cars with black interior do we need? No offense to those guys...

If I were to change it, I would go with a darker metallic brown. My '73 Charger was I think Tawny Gold ?? It had a tan interior and that was a nice combo.

-
Back