Need help with WIW

-

Ants331

Reaction score
Recently I've had a great friend who was like my brother pass away. He levees behind a collections of barracuda projects and mopar parts. His mother has no idea what anything is worth and now that people know he's not around every one is coming around looking to take his property.

I know some people would take this opportunity to get something for nothing but he was a single father and the money goes to his young daughter. I ask what would be some good asking prices for these cars.
Also the parts would be up for sale as soon as they clean the yard up.

1967 barracuda right now it has a new 440 six pack in it but the matching number small block is still around. body and frame rails look to be solid.

1967 tubbed barracuda. has no motor or tranny. the 440 and 727 where put in the red 67. Some one started to do body work but then is stoped and has been sitting outside for a few years.

all original 1966 barracuda. gold with white interior. this car was in perfect running condition before it was parked.

1965 barracuda. this was his first car. has a small block with fender well headers. rear end was taken out because he was going to put a 8.75 under it. the original rear end is still around just not under the car. interior is very ruff but it is a complete car.

My sympathies. This must be incredibly difficult. Sorry I'm the wrong guy to ask on WIW

Just guessing. Red 67 might be worth $ 4000-5000, depending on whether it runs and drives, how complete the Six Pak stuff is, and if it has a title. 67 race car, maybe $2000 at best, depending on how good the tub work was done and if it has a title. 66 Barracuda, maybe $1000 depending on title and condition. 65 Barracuda, also $1000 or so because the fenderwells have been hacked up, as has the hood. If it wasn't clear across the country, I could be interested in the 65 Cuda. The red mini bike is probably worth a few hundred bucks, and if that black Dodge truck is decent, it could bring $1000-1500 also, if it has a title. Sorry for the loss of your friend. It appears he wasn't unlike a lot of us......too many projects and not enough time.

Sorry to hear of the loss of a friend and leaving a child to be raised. Stay strong for the family, they need you as much or more than your deceased buddy.

Assuming they are in New Mexico that they are pretty rust free.

I think the prices that was quoted are a little low if titles are available & minimal rust. But without actually seeing in person hard to go but pictures alone

I don't need another Project but wouldn't mind having the red 67 fastback if title was there and price is right.

Just noticed the chopped up 67 is a Formula S

May he rest in peace

Sorry for the lost of your friend............nice collection........I too don't know WIW but what is the blue convertible ''car'' over the hood of the grey Barracuda?....

Stop worrying about WIW, and, instead of trying to squeeze every last dollar out if it, Put the whole shootin' match on CL for about +/- $9500 OBO. ( number is arbitrary based on parts)

The cars and parts will sell fairly quickly, and your friend's daughter will have cash in her hand, instead of a bunch of cars and parts in her yard.

You can sit there a barter, "Well this is worth that, an that's worth this much".. and end up sitting on this stuff for ever, or you can move it quickly, for a decent price", and change the rusting sheet metal into green back.

get off the sentimental trip, and treat it like a business venture. Selling it as a "lot", will be easier, and MUCH faster, than haggling every time some dreamer calls for a price.

You can make $8k 9K in one lump, or maybe $9k or even 10K spread out over 8 months. Some how dribs and drabs don't pay off as well as a lump sum. Even if the lump sum is slightly less. Remember, the longer you sit on the parts the lower your price gets to move them.

Stop worrying about WIW, and, instead of trying to squeeze every last dollar out if it, Put the whole shootin' match on CL for about +/- $9500 OBO. ( number is arbitrary based on parts)

The cars and parts will sell fairly quickly, and your friend's daughter will have cash in her hand, instead of a bunch of cars and parts in her yard.

You can sit there a barter, "Well this is worth that, an that's worth this much".. and end up sitting on this stuff for ever, or you can move it quickly, for a decent price", and change the rusting sheet metal into green back.

get off the sentimental trip, and treat it like a business venture. Selling it as a "lot", will be easier, and MUCH faster, than haggling every time some dreamer calls for a price.

You can make $8k 9K in one lump, or maybe $9k or even 10K spread out over 8 months. Some how dribs and drabs don't pay off as well as a lump sum. Even if the lump sum is slightly less. Remember, the longer you sit on the parts the lower your price gets to move them.

I'm not asking to try to Squeeze every dollar out of these cars. I'm asking for a decent price to offer and so my friends mother could have an idea of what to ask for them. I would like to own a couple of these cars but want to give her what she deserves for her granddaughter.
Sure I could go to her and say I'll give her $1500 for 2 or 3 of them and she'll take it, but is that a cool thing to do?

no one is trying to get rich and get rich fast. There's so much more in parts, and his daughter will be taken care of.

As far as the sentimental trip, His daughter knows what every car is, what every part in the yard is and where they came from. A couple have been in the family passed down, the red 67 she was driving in as a baby. She wants to keep all her dads cars and property, but that's not a option for her. We where driving around in the 65 be for we had a drivers license. So this is very sentimental, especially because her dad was murdered and no one got to say goodbye.

Then why not go to the "Mechanical parts for sale" and "Mopar automobiles for sale" section and do some searches for similar cars and parts.

You can then see what people are asking, and what they are selling for.

Do a little homework....

Just guessing. Red 67 might be worth $ 4000-5000, depending on whether it runs and drives, how complete the Six Pak stuff is, and if it has a title. 67 race car, maybe $2000 at best, depending on how good the tub work was done and if it has a title. 66 Barracuda, maybe $1000 depending on title and condition. 65 Barracuda, also $1000 or so because the fenderwells have been hacked up, as has the hood. If it wasn't clear across the country, I could be interested in the 65 Cuda. The red mini bike is probably worth a few hundred bucks, and if that black Dodge truck is decent, it could bring $1000-1500 also, if it has a title. Sorry for the loss of your friend. It appears he wasn't unlike a lot of us......too many projects and not enough time.

Thanks for the ideas. All the cars have titles and fender tags. The six pak is complete and was running before it was put in the red 67. there's also a second six pak set up that was waiting for the 440 to be built to go into the race car.

There are so many parts, 3 complete 440s, 5 small blocks (340 & 360), 2 Dana 60s, 4 8.75 rear ends, sets of 440 heads and intakes, body panels, bucket sets, and this is just what you can see. no one has gone into the sheds.

Sorry for the loss of your friend.

I would think that it's inventory time. See and list out exactly what is there. Then move to selling.

Sorry for the loss of your friend.

I would think that it's inventory time. See and list out exactly what is there. Then move to selling.

That's exactly what the plan is, there's no rush and every thing is gonna get sold. the first part was to clear out the actual trash and weeds. I just found the stash of 440 heads yesterday and had no idea I had been walking over a couple 8.75 rear ends.
My friends mother says to take what I need for my Charger, but I feel like I'm stealing.
I've even found big block Chevy parts mixed in. :eek:ops:

I'm not asking to try to Squeeze every dollar out of these cars. I'm asking for a decent price to offer and so my friends mother could have an idea of what to ask for them. I would like to own a couple of these cars but want to give her what she deserves for her granddaughter.
Sure I could go to her and say I'll give her $1500 for 2 or 3 of them and she'll take it, but is that a cool thing to do?

no one is trying to get rich and get rich fast. There's so much more in parts, and his daughter will be taken care of.

As far as the sentimental trip, His daughter knows what every car is, what every part in the yard is and where they came from. A couple have been in the family passed down, the red 67 she was driving in as a baby. She wants to keep all her dads cars and property, but that's not a option for her. We where driving around in the 65 be for we had a drivers license. So this is very sentimental, especially because her dad was murdered and no one got to say goodbye.

lmao... I just knew you were going to zero in on that... That's not the point.
The point is, this, in the nutshell:
*Bundle it, include everything related to the cars.
*Price it where you have negotiating room, but it's still a good deal for both parties.
*Get as much money as possible in a lump sum.

Don't be afraid to say "NO" to the hawks, and don't be afraid to say "YES" to any fair offer.

Selling those cars and parts onesy-twosy could take months, and you never get a sizable sum of money all at once. Money dribbling in almost never works to your advantage.

I would say make a good inventory list of parts. have 2 col one for retail and one for what you will let it go for. but be realistic. the buyer is looking for a good deal, he has no sentiment. and makes a big difference in engines, six pac set ups if it runs, or not, but I realize you cannot make this a full time job.

the cars being rust free advertise well. there might be a guy in say N J that will gladly pay the shipping for a rust free reasonable straight project. ( costs more generally if it does not run! )

know the local market, probably where most cars will sell?

you can ad it all as a group and see what interest you get. I like trying to sell it all as group. just my 2 cents

-
Back