Need info all wheel disk conversion

-

Hurst390

Reaction score
Well we are restoring 1970 duster 340 it has manual brakes and steering it already has front disk rear drums all sbp well studs we have a 1973 duster donor car in which also has front disk all bbp studs here's are plan going to use power steering gear box and all its links tie rods etc, upper control arms, spindles, then the rear axle which is the 8.25 in 2852905 axle what we need to know is what kits to order to change to power booster MC uprade front disks and what we need for disk conversion kit for that rear axle we would like to use wildwood but can't find that axle in their chart .also open to suggestions on other brands thank for any help

Holy run-on sentence Batman!

There aren't many/any disc brake conversions for an 8 1/4. Maybe try looking for an XJ Cherokee in the junkyard as those came with 8 1/4 and discs.

Thanks MuuMuu101.
Talked with a guy from Right Stuff Detailing expand everything to him, he says they have complete kit .

Includes;
Power booster
Master cylinder
Prop valve
Front disk upgrade
Rear disk conversion

We will see if it all comes correct, if it all does, I will post all the package info for others who need same set up.thanks again for taking time to respond

With some minor work the 94 up Grand Cherokee rear discs will fit your 8.25. I've got a 73 A Body 8.25 that I've done the work to the caliper adapter/dust shield so it fits. Just got to get motivated to get the rear end together as far as the gears, etc. no big rush as I recently finished the rear disc conversion on an A Body 8.75.

With some minor work the 94 up Grand Cherokee rear discs will fit your 8.25. I've got a 73 A Body 8.25 that I've done the work to the caliper adapter/dust shield so it fits. Just got to get motivated to get the rear end together as far as the gears, etc. no big rush as I recently finished the rear disc conversion on an A Body 8.75.

Did that to my 74 and love it. You can also get rotors drilled in both bolt patters. Remember 15" wheels are mandatory.

I actually have a set of calipers and the backing plates/caliper mounts ready to bolt on. I have been selling a few kits here and there if you don't want to do the mod, but it is easy.

Ok got the kit in from right stuff brakes. Told the guy from jegs it was mopar 8.25" axle, well they sent me 8.75 kit. Well I looked over parts and decided to mock it up on our axle found all bracketry bolts right on. Mounted caliper found out it wouldn't fit but was close. All that had to be done was shorten the spacer tubes on the 4 bolts that mount the caliper bracket to the axle bracket. Had them machined down to .884" and it all fits great . This axle has a 2.375" axle offset. Hopes this help others.

Told the guy from jegs it was mopar 8.25" axle, well they sent me 8.75 kit.

Thats because the brakes are the same. You can swap the whole brake ***'y onto an 8 3/4". Backing plates, everything. So any disc conversion for the 8 3/4 will fit the 8 1/4, and vice versa.

Anyone have suggestions for a disc/ disc master yet? I am interested to see what others have used.

-
Back