need info on check verification

-

joedardo

Reaction score
I just sold my toyota tacoma... woohoo!

I sold it to a wholesaler who gave me a 200 dollar deposit and will pay the rest by a cashiers check on monday. the check is from B of A and we are meeting at the bank to verify the check in person. i will then sign the title over after the check has been verified. would this be the safest way to avoid a fraudulent check?

thanks

I'm just naturally a suspicious you-know-what but if this was me, I'd get CASH in a way which does NOT involve ANY of my (your) personal account numbers of any kind.

If you're going to BofA to meet the buyer, just have the bank give you GREEN cash.........:mrgreen:

If you're going to BofA to meet the buyer, just have the bank give you GREEN cash.........:mrgreen:

X2 I think you'll find that the bank will not even verify a cashiers check unless your lucky enough to be dealing with the person at the bank that made it out to the buyer. They may not even want to cash it right away.

I sold a car to an out of state buyer. He sent a $1,000 deposit, personal check on BoA. I do not have an account at BoA. Went to my local BoA branch, cashed the check for cash. Payed $4,000 balance 2weeks later the same way. Car hauler brought the check. Went to the BoA branch and got cash, and released the car. Even if BoA found a problem later, they could not come back on me, as I don't have an account with them. It was their check, on one of their customers, and could verify everything.
PS: Buyer did look at the car in person, even paid asking price. Real nice clean deal.

thanks fellas.

i don't have an account with BoA... only gonna do the deal if i can cash the check immediately and walk out with green bills.

so... i called the "buyer" this morning and after several attempts someone that sounded nothing like the guy who came to look at the truck finally answered.

me: hello?

the tool: yeah what's up?

me: who's this?

the tool: who are you, you called me?

me: Joey, the guy whose truck you looked at yesterday.

the tool: what,, oh,, eh,, hold on, can i call you back? click... and no call back.

i left a message to whoever... call me back when you want to meet me at the lost hills sheriff station for your deposit.

scammers suck.

-
Back