Need just one cheap spare rim and tire

-

jerryb

63valiant
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I have a 63 Valiant convert with later model 14" wheels. Tires are 205/70/14 and I believe the lugs are 5 x 4.5. My car has posi so I cannot place any size spare on it in the event of a flat, at least in the rear. So I am looking for the cheapest spare tire rim for my spare. I am only finding sets of rims which I do not need and since this is a spare, I really don't want to spend a ton of dough on one rim. Any ideas on where to find an extra cheap rim ?? Thanks

I use spares out of late 90's jeep cherokee in my big bolt pattern cars. Dirt cheap, take up little room in the trunk, it's enough to get me somewhere to get a new tire ...

Thank you all for your responses. Sorry I did not respond sooner. My tranny starting losing a lot of fluid out of the bell housing and Ive been dealing with figuring out what happened (probably a pump seal or some seal up in there). I was looking for ideas on how to purchase locally since I assume the shipping is gonna be expensive. But I may take you one of you two guys up your offer to sell me one. I have to investigate what shipping would be. Seems that it could be $30-50. Thanks

A space saver spare from a 90 Crown Vic or similar could work too but... Thats a very old tire to put your trust in. A used OEM steel wheel is probably the better choice.
And by the way, It'll be wise to have a lug wrench that fits your lugs. Avoid a "DOH!" moment ( yeah I did that ). OEM was 7/16". Your later is 1/2".

I wanted to let everyone know that I was waiting to pull the trigger on this until after I could take my car to a shop to verify the size and bolt pattern size on my rims as they are not original. But I blew something out in my tranny this past weekend (pump seal maybe ?) where tranny fluid was pouring out. So once that is fixed I will get htat rim verification and probably buy a rim form someone. Thanks for all your help !

I can give you one. I believe I have 2 left from my 67 barracuda. I stole the spare tire from my sister in laws 2008 Ford Fusion for my spare fits right in trunk perfectly and fits over my willwood calipers. I can bring this one to Carlisle in June we are driving the Cuda there

-
Back