Need new Gas Tank, any Rust proof ones?

-

one mile

Reaction score
Daughters '65 Barracuda needs new Gas Tank. Put my Finger through the side top corner. Bummer. Does anybody make a coated or Galvanized one not too exspensive? Hope so , Let me know ! Thanks. Tim :-|

Get an aluminum one with baffles in it. No more rust issues and no more jumping gas gauge.

Spectra is made in Canada.
That's the one i'm buying, i just ordered it yesterday in fact.

I want one that is baffled and sumped with fittings for drag racing / elec pump. Also want to use the stock gas filler and stock tank location. Anybody make those tanks or does the Canadian outfit that is making these repops have an option for a race tank?

Aluminum will be eaten away in short order by ethanol/water.

i think there is a place doing Stainlees tanks for the A bodies now.. not cheap
but an option. i think its called Ricks?

rock valley does all stainless i believe.

I got my tank from them, and they added the EFI pump and sump for it. Good place to do buisness with

The aluminum ones from hot rod city look nice but you need to modify the filler neck, replace the sender with a universal one and then you have to make sure it clears your exhaust.

Thanks for all of your input. Spectra seems to be the way to go. Going to have it sprayed on the outside with Line-x for x-tra protection, did this on a Rod I built and it turned out great ! did not add too much weight to it and you could stand a Horse on it with no issues. Just a little more protection for my Little Girl. Thanks again !

-
Back