need new rear leafs. any suggestions?

-
i don't know if it rubs. that was only tried on her car because i was cruious if it would fit...lol. i don't think they are any closer then the 245/60-14 thet were on my dart for years and the 17" have way less sidewall flex to them. worst come to worst could always run a small spacer to make a little extra room i guess..:)

lol. thank for the compliments, if ya saw the car in person you wouldn't knwo it wa my car. its a rust bucket that just takes good pictures..

Go to your local big truck spring shop. They will gladly rebuild your leafs for waaaaaay less than you can get shipped to your door. And they will have good quality steel leaves in them. Truck shops cant use garbage steel,a semi crashing because of **** steel springs is a big lawsuit.

They will also custom build the springs to order.

On advice I got either here @ FABO or on /6.org, I got new leafs from McVeigh springs. Price was good for 5 leaf spring assemblies that raised rear end just a little. Ride is very good with gas shocks.

Rims are 15x7 running 205/60-15s.

Attachments

• IMG_5050nr.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 186
The idea of re-arching the rears and adding a leaf will work and will do what you need; all depends if you have a good shop nearby. You can dissemble and re-assemble them yourself, if you have a stong vise to hold the leafs together while you remove and reassemble the center bolt.

-
Back