Need Opinions,Comments.........

-

19 Again..

Reaction score
Okay... I'm posting this here in this thread because its for looks, not performance as it probably would have gone into exhaust. But Mods... if it needs to be moved please do so.. When I was at the mopar nats this year I picked up a set of exhaust tips that are stainless steel. The kick is they aren't your normal looking "A" body tips. They're wider at the exit and more modern looking. Some of you may have seen them if you were there. I got a deal on them because the fellas selling them didn't want to sit in the rain anymore and were just trying to sell what they had. I like them and think the look pretty cool. They fit over my tail pipes really well and all I have to do is cut the tail pipe back and weld them on. As you can see by the last picture I have a set of round tips on that I picked up at the local auto parts store. I'm not going to cough up a $125.00 for a pair of galvanized tips that will rust out eventually, or a bunch more for a set of stainless tips. As I said I got a sweet deal on these, less than $35.00 for the pair.. I know some or most of you are going to say "it's your car do what you want" however, I'd like a few second opinions just for "grins and giggles". So if you would let me know what you think. I took pictures without the tape measure and a few with the tape to give some perspective..

Attachments

• Tip 1JPG.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 232
  • Tip 2.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 246
  • Tip 3.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 247
  • Tip 4.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 235
  • Tip 5.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 242
  • Duster 1a.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 257
I don't believe you'll be able to weld stainless to regular steel pipes, but I could be wrong. Might be able to braze them together if you want that type of joint. You might be better off just using muffler-type clamps. They somewhat resemble the factory tips that came on my '68 GTX, now residing in a landfill in Florida.

A heavily modded 57 Belair at last nights cruise-in had a pair of those. They looked good on that car.

I think they'd look good, but hard to say for sure without mocking them up actually on the car. It seems to me that they'd look good since they sort of mirror the shape of the taillights. But, that said, I think I probably like the round ones you have on there now better. Any way you can stick them on there somehow close to where they'd be and take a pic?

if you take a picture of one of them at the same sort of angle as the car is sitting in that rear 3/4 view picture, I (or someone else) could photoshop them in there for ya too...

post a picture of the rear of the car and a picture of the tip without the background. I'll see what I can do for y'a

Personally I think they would look coo.! I'm considering running a pair on my Duster.

Appreciate everyones comments so far! Keep 'em coming! Here's a couple of pictures I snapped. Can't get the car out of the garage today. 95TeeTee & 2Darts hope the pictures I posted here are sufficient.. You gotta love the blue tape.. Here ya go..

Attachments

• Tip 6.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 180
  • Tip 7.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 188
  • Tip 8.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 174
It's enough for me to know I like the round tips that are on there better, honestly. But just for that car. That was a good price for those tips that I'm sure would look good on a lot of cars. Just my 1.5 cents.

1968FormulaS340 & 72 Dodge, very much appreciate the comments.. Thats why I threw this out. It was kinda an impulse buy when I got them,plus the price I couldn't walk form them and now I'm kinda in the middle.. So Thank You for your honesty..

Like the round tips. The ss ones look nice, they just don't look right under your car.....they might look better as a side exit, similar to an aar cuda type of exhaust....

too flat for my taste.

If they were the same height as the exisiting tip and the width narrowed up, then I'd say Yes.

Your car looks too nice for those.JMO.Keep saving and get the 340 tips when you can $$.They even pop up on here for sale used for resonable prices.:D

Here you go, Hope it makes it eazy for you to make your decision.

Attachments

• Tip%207 copy.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 152
Ahh man.... 2 Darts, That sure is looking kinda good again.. Anyone else have a change of heart??

Like the rectangle ones better,matches the rear body lines of the car.

I have to say the round tips fit the flow of your car better. If the car was very angular, or aggressive in that way, I would say go with rectangles. But with the Duster being a car with curves and more of a flow to it, I would stay with end tips.

-Jason

-
Back