Need picture of 1968 woodgrain A-body Console

-

Oklacarcollecto

Life is an experiment
Reaction score
If anyone has a woodgrain console of a 1968 A-body, I would appreciate it if you would post a picture of it. My Barrcauda convertible has a woodgrain dash and I would like to find the correct console to match it.
Thanks, Bill

I believe your 68 Cuda console would be the style with the groove down the middle and no woodgrain. 69 was the first year that woodgrain was used on the consoles if I remember correctly. You can install the later model console in your car, if that’s the style you want. It will bolt right up!

I prefer the woodgrain style myself :cheers:

I believe your 68 Cuda console would be the style with the groove down the middle and no woodgrain. 69 was the first year that woodgrain was used on the consoles if I remember correctly. You can install the later model console in your car, if that’s the style you want. It will bolt right up!

I prefer the woodgrain style myself :cheers:

Thanks, I have woodgrain on the dash panel and door panels so I thought the console would also have it. My car didn't have a factory console but I want to add one when I am able to work on it again.

thumbnail.aspx

The woodgrain would not match though. '68 used burl wood grain on the dash & door panels only & '69 used a walnut grain.

The woodgrain would not match though. '68 used burl wood grain on the dash & door panels only & '69 used a walnut grain.

Thanks, I knew 68 was a one year only with the woodgrain pattern. I didn't know if there was a matching console. I have the walnut console and if there is no burl console, I will use it.

Thats cool, it will still look good. Does you Barracuda have the deluxe interior factory option?

Thats cool, it will still look good. Does you Barracuda have the deluxe interior factory option?

Everything I have has been the deluxe interior. The correct seats were missing from the car when I bought it so I am not positive. I have replaced them with correct seats. My new seat covers are deluxe.

I'm putting the '68 Deluxe interior in ours using Legendary pearl white seat covers & door panels. Having alot of trouble finding the correct chrome seat medallions and the chrome map pocket corners on the door panels. If your Barracuda still has its fender tag, the interior option will be on there.

I'm putting the '68 Deluxe interior in ours using Legendary pearl white seat covers & door panels. Having alot of trouble finding the correct chrome seat medallions and the chrome map pocket corners on the door panels. If your Barracuda still has its fender tag, the interior option will be on there.

I have the Legendary '68 Deluxe interior and the convertible boot in black.
I have the fender tag some place in a drawer. I am also looking for the seat medallions just like everyone else.

I would gladly decode your fender tag if you want. 2nd line from bottom of tag will tell you interior trim code. The letter D under the T in "TRM" indicates Deluxe interior. I havent found any of the map pocket corners but finally found 2 nice seat medallions. Had to buy an original rear seat cover & remove them myself. The hunt for these rare parts is just part of the fun I guess.

I know when I traded in my 68 vert to Nigel, it had the deluxe interior pkg. So Okla if you are looking for orig pieces off the map pockets, you can give him a call. He is up here in Ontario Canada 705 426 2993, or I can ask him the next time I am up there. Pm me if you want me to chk on them

Sometimes you can find some aftermarket woodgrain vinyl that will match pretty close. I saw a '68 deluxe interior car with the stock, groove type console where the owner added woodgrain to both sides of the groove and it looked nice.

Just another thought for ya' Okla......A member here Redfish has a Cuda, but I'm not sure what year, with a beautiful console that may be burlwood. Send him a PM

I know when I traded in my 68 vert to Nigel, it had the deluxe interior pkg. So Okla if you are looking for orig pieces off the map pockets, you can give him a call. He is up here in Ontario Canada 705 426 2993, or I can ask him the next time I am up there. Pm me if you want me to chk on them

I have the map pocket door panels with the trim already. I just need the seat emblems. The picture I put up was off Legendary Interiors website and not my actual door panel.

-
Back