Need prayers for my Hero

-

FJ5

Reaction score
My Dad was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer today in the very hospital I work in. I have been after him for 15 years to get a colonoscopy. He just would not hear of it. This great Man is my Hero. He taught me to work on cars, how to be a good father and Christian man. I love him more than he will ever know. He was never the touchy feely type. Today I held his hand as the doctor was telling him about the diagnosis. This is the first time I have ever touched my dad in a loving manner. It was more than I could take. I am currently hurting and crying while typing this. I just needed to vent a little.

I LOVE YOU DAD!!

Praying for you, your dad, and your family

One of my favorite verses, Joshua 1:9

Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

I'm sorry for these difficult times !
I wish I had some magical healing words .
I do not , but I will do as you ask
Dear Heavenly Father I ask for your healing powers to
Lift up this man , his father and their family
I ask that your will be done , I also pray that you would comfort and put them in your hands!
I pray this in your holy name Jesus.
I will continue to pray for your father and you as well .
God Bless
Jim

Colon cancer can be beaten! My sister was diagnosed 2 years ago, had part of her colon removed and a colostomy bag inserted and is doing great today!!!!! A friend at work, same thing. He is doing great today too.

Hit me really hard when my sister was diagnosed.

Be positive. Colon cancer is one of the most curable cancers.

He can beat it with your love and support!

Prayers sent. Hoping all works out.

Thanks to all of you. I knew I could count on you guys for some encouraging words. FABO folks are the best.

So all of you that are fifty or over and have never had a colonoscopy please go get one. Colon cancer is the most preventable cancer. Or if you have had a sibling or parent with colon cancer you need to have a colonoscopy every 5 years. My Dads brother had colon cancer about 15 years ago and he is the only one of the four brothers that didn't get a colonoscopy. The other two had pre cancerous polyps removed. It is just silly not to get one.

Got one at 41 years of age after my sister was diagnosed.

The actual procedure wasn't so bad.

The worst part was pre-inspection preparation when you're crapping out battery acid for hours.

Well worth the hassle for the peace of mind.

I know what you say when you refer to your Dad as 'not being the touchy feely type'. My Dad was the same way. He was my personal example that I looked up to growing up. He was a harsh disciplinarian. But he never failed to be honest or hard working or to help folks out when they needed a hand. I believe that integrity and honor were 2 of the cornerstones of his life. My prayers go out to you, your Dad and your family.

Dad and I are going thru a similar situation with him having incurable cancer. We also werent the touchy feely type until about 5 or so years ago, although we are close. Sounds like we both have similar Dads. Prayers sent for more memories and positive treatment.

It is beatable! A good friend of mine had colon cancer and had his colon removed and a temporary colostomy bag. Has since had the surgery to reattach his intestines to his colon as is doing good. NEVER give up. and prayers sent.

I am so sorry you're going through it this. I'll pray that God will give you strength and your dad healing. He sounds like a good man!

Man, I just went through this. My Dad was diagnosed with lung cancer and had 10 regions in his body that had tumors: lung and liver, pancreas, and a few more that I didnt even register. That was 4 months ago and he has been on chemo for 3 months now. over Christmas we got some good news that the tumor in his liver had disappeared, and all regions had shrunk considerably! I went out to Texas in Nov (drove 16 hours straight) thinking that would be the last time I would ever see him and I saw him cry for the first time in 40 years when I said "Ill will see you again in 90 days". Well SuperBowl Sunday is a time when he went to Laughlin, NV for a bowl party and he's making the trip this year as planned, hell or high water! He's doing so much better, today's drugs work and I have faith that if your dad gets on the meds and does whatever his doctors tell him to do, he'll pull through. Have faith, I'm praying for 2 now.

Prayers sent and I understand. My Dad is Superman to me too even though old age and cancer surgery have affected him. We never hugged or said I love you since I was a little kid but now we do and it means a lot.

By the way I asked FABO members for prayers when my Dad was ill and I believe they made a difference. Have faith.

My prayers and thoughts are with you. I had a kidney removed last August due to cancer. As my friend Jack Beckman told me "attitude and prayers are the best medicine". Be strong and know it will be ok.

-
Back