Need Shop in Ontario that will narrow a diff?

-

swest

Reaction score
Anybody know of a shop that will narrow a stock e-body rear to A-body. I am in Ottawa.

Thanks!

Last i looked Bears Performance in Windsor Ont was doing stuff like that ....

calling them now thanks, anybody know of a place in Ottawa.

How,z about alittle more info on what your plans are:scratch:?If your narrowing a housing?What width?Do you need axels also?A-body width?SBP or LBP?More info will help you find the right place to have these things done.I have a friend in Milton that narrowed a C-body rear for my race car and had Strange make my axels.

I did mine myself. Re-splined some C body axles to A body size.
Had to build the cutter as well.
Narrowed the housing.

No where near Ottawa though.

Swest I just got a possible lead for you... Try: TJT racing in Oshawa
I know it's not Ottawa but the spelling is almost the same! LOL well its a few hours away, just trying to help.

Paul Hunneault ? North east Fabrication in Ottawa did mine a long time ago, not sure if he does that type of work anymore. Let me know

WOW so much info guys!! Thanks. "2darts" I saw your car last year at a Rockland show. I must say nice car! I ended contacting a few of these places including one here in Ottawa called D&D Perfromance who say they do this all the time and have all the right jigs and straight bars for it. My plans are for a A-Body stock lenght with 5 x4.5 bolt pattern. I found an E body rear on the cheap but.... So far I have been quoted 3 to 4 hours labour to do this at 85$ to 95$ on average per hour from these shops! YIKES! 3 shops wanted me to buy new ends and one of them said they should be able to re-use but cant guarantee it.

85$ dollar rear housing
85$ an hour*4 hours = 340$
160$ for new ends plus shipping
Rear axle package from Doctor Diff 300$ plus shipping

It is cheaper to get Doctor Diff or Mopar Madness in the states to build me one and ship across the border!!!! I think this is the route i will go.

Thanks everyone for the great info.

If anyone is looking for a place in Ottawa its D&D Performance In Chesterville just outside of Ottawa.

I have odd and end of parts if you are looking for other A bodies parts. Good luck

-
Back