Need six pack scoop

-

'74 Sport

Reaction score
I need to know where some of you may have gotten a six pack scoop that will fit on a '74 Duster hood. I'm guessing all the Duster hoods (at least '73-'76) have that raised center section which leaves only about 24" between the edges. The MAS scoop like one of our members here is selling is too wide to fit on top of the flat section. Anybody have one that fits your Duster (got pics)?

Jerry

what if you got one and sectioned some out? or shaved the mounting surface to curve with the body? a friend did that on his furyIII and it looks pretty good

AAR makes a full fiberglass hood with that scoop, also makes separate scoops, might as well drop them a line and find out the width of their scoops.
I plan on ordering one of their complete hoods with the six pack scoop once I get the new drivetrain in my '73 Duster.
http://www.aarqualityfiberglass.com/

I was looking into buying one of there hoods but they are way out of my price range. They want $580 for the hood around $100 to ship it and another $45 or so to pack it. There nice but not that nice.

Nope, no help at AAR. Don't have the separate six pack scoop. Pretty proud of their stuff, too.

I guess sectioning one is certainly and option, but I would prefer not to have to do that.

I need to know where some of you may have gotten a six pack scoop that will fit on a '74 Duster hood. I'm guessing all the Duster hoods (at least '73-'76) have that raised center section which leaves only about 24" between the edges. The MAS scoop like one of our members here is selling is too wide to fit on top of the flat section. Anybody have one that fits your Duster (got pics)?

Jerry
I,m sure AAR sells 69 Barracuda hood with 6-pac scoop!And guess what?It will fit a Dart Sport!TADAAA!!!It,s the same hood as Dart Sports!

But he doesn't need one for a Dart Sport he needs one for a Duster, different hood sooo, UN-TADAAAAAA!

Fooled ya, didn't I, pettyblue? The '74 Dart Sport was the first project my son and I worked on - picked up my "handle" back then. Now, we're doing a '74 Duster - hence the need for a scoop to fit its hood.

The problem I have run into is that the six-pack scoops I see available are all too wide to fit between the ridges of that raised section of the hood on this '74 Duster. I was hoping someone had found one a bit narrower. Can't afford to buy the glass hoods.

Jerry

AAR does have the scoop, part # is 1031sc, but at $315 it's still pricey. They have a taller 4 1/2" version also. Hope this helps, Tim.

1031SC.jpg

I've asked a similar question regarding a six pack scoop. I was looking for a version that has the mounting flanges on the inside like the snorkel scoop pictured above rather than on the outside. Never did find one.

Looks nice, but as typical, it is about 27" wide - too wide for the 24" flat raised surface on the Duster's hood.

-
Back