Need Small Block with A/C Pics, Wiring Diagram

-

quapman

Damn Yankee
Reaction score
I bought a 75 Dart sport with 318 and a/c and when I got it, it had the wrong alternator on it (100 amp). I've replaced it with a correct one, but don't know how the spacers go, or how long they are. Or if there are 1 or 2 spacers. I'm assuming the pivot bolt gets a nut on the backside, behind the rear bracket.

Pics and measurements would be awesome.

Also, what color wires go to the field connections? There were two blue ones on the 100 amp, but I thought there should be one blue, one green.

Anybody have a 1975 wiring diagram? (Mine has the emmisions pkg. and a catalytic converter.)

Thanks!

Which wires are which on the field terminals don't matter electrically, but you DO need a green and blue. Can you find green anywhere? I could not have gone too far LOL.

Is it possible someone did some wiring repair?

To find the green at the alternator end, disconnect the battery to isolate all other circuits, disconnect the regulator plug, and connect one end of your continuity checker into the green wire at the connector. That only goes one place on one wire -- to the alternator on the green wire.

If yours has an electric choke or distributor retard solenoid or a couple of other smog doo dads, someone may have gotten the green switched

I don't have a '75, only 74 on paper, but you can get a "sort of" diagram at "My Mopar"

http://www.mymopar.com/downloads/1975/75DartA.jpg

http://www.mymopar.com/downloads/1975/75DartB.jpg

Yeah, I found those schematics a few weeks agomyself, and they'd be great if I didn't have the smog pkg. My car has two 3-pronged boxes under the hood. I recall my Cordobas having them, but that was 20+ years back and I don't have a clue what they do or if they can just be eliminated. I have the regular ECU, not Lean Burn, so that's a minor plus.

I'm betting a 76 diagram would work, but I can't locate one.

Thanks for the links, anyway.

Re mounting the alternator, search posts for photos as I did a few years ago. It seems there were many combinations of spacers depending on factory AC, power steering, etc. It is pretty easy to get the alternator wherever it needs to be to align with the pulleys. I have seen them with the ear mounted on both sides of the top bracket. You can get spacers at Ace Hardware, even chrome if you can afford it. I don't recall any nuts in the mounting. The long pivot bolt go into the head. The small tension bolt goes into the alternator case.

The pivot bolt on this car goes through both front and rear a/c compressor brackets with no tapped hole aligned in the head, hence the nut. Yes, it's a weird setup, but appears factory. I'm a machinist, so making spacers is no big deal, but I'd really like to make them as correct as possible.

I've searched the internet and several forums, including this one, looking for good pics, but have struck out so far.

-
Back