Need some advice on a 273 4bbl Throttle linkages

-

FartDart94

Reaction score
Hey guys, just needing some advice and help on what is a good way to go about getting the throttle linkages. I just crafted a "get me around for now" throttle linkage bracket, but i dont have the tranny hooked up. it shifts but not a smooth punch. I want a good cheap alternative. Let me know what you guys think. Ill post some pictures right now.

IMAG0953.jpg

IMAG0952.jpg

Pretty much any small block linkage will work....with a bit of modification. Here's what correct 273 4bbl linkage looks like....

Since you have an aftermarket intake, 340 linkage will work, since it's made to work with a higher profile 4 bbl intake.

P.S. ...don't drive without KD linkage...it will quickly screw your trans.(Kickdown" is a misnomer...its actually hydraulic pressure linkage....which is why you'll ruin your trans if you don't have it hooked up.)

Attachments

• 273KickdownLrgCORRECT (Small).jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 281
This is the craptastic set up that was on my Dart up until Sunday.

IMG_20120617_115436.jpg

I was leaving for a show and when I went to set the choke, something went pop!!! I had noticed the kickdown linkage was binding a little because it wouldn't shift as it should. You can see where the accelerator cable is frayed. There were five strands left!!

Long story short, it's all being replaced with a Lokar set up. I bought a new accelerator cable and kickdown cable, as well as new brackets and return springs. I just bought the black nylon housing because the stainless steel is too flashy for me. The above picture is an example of how NOT to rig up your kickdown linkage!!!

-
Back