Need some help on paint, Dying for opinions here!

-

breakstuff

Reaction score
To make a long story short, my wife quit racing her sassygrass duster and I put her in my 65 Dart. Me being the jerk that I am, is tired of it being in primer. I want paint! My goal is to straighten out the body before winter. In the spring, lay some color. Keep in mind this is a 65 Dart 270, it is either in the trailer, garage, or at the track and never on the road. ( see avatar) Now comes the hard part. Whenever I build a car I always see it in my mind of how it is supposed to be. This car I see 2 versions and can't pick what one I want. I asked my wife (who races it) and my kids what they like better and I get mixed results. Every one here is 50/50 on it. So....... I want to hear what others think.

My wife loves green.... her duster is green, sometimes her hair and nails are painted green to match her car. I still have half a gallon of red paint after shooting my dually......
Even she is 50/50 on my idea being nutz about green....
Here we go

Choice number 1. Shoot the car amber sherwood. (We both love the color)
Choice number 2. Shoot it red and white in the same fashion as the candymatic.

Remember, it's only a race car.
My thoughts are this: #1 I always wanted to do a race car paint scheme, makes me want to shoot in red and white. BUT
#2 At monster mopar weekend some hemi superstock guy laughing at my show poodle plain gold challenger in the staging lanes on how it's not a racecar. Anyway I let my wife drive it and she ran a full second faster with my small block over his hemi turd. Lame and plain is pretty cool.

What are your thoughts??????
Ambersherwood or red and white candymatic?

On the early Darts, I have always loved the Pewter type colors. If you look into the newer Ford colors, they have a dark gray with a green type of hew to it.
I am also a big fan of mopars newer bronze (copper) metallic color. Really accents the lines on the early A's.

I had to Google it...lol. Honestly I would go red and white, or a darker green metallic.

I vote amber Sherwood. That would look good on a 65 for sure. I also agree, it always feels good when a clean/simple cars cleans up at the track.

OK, this may seem a bit far out, but how about the red, white and blue scheme some 69 AMC Javelins had? I always thought that was a cool race car theme.

That same red, white, and blue AMC scheme looked really impressive on Sandy Cone's Randall AMC backed 401 Jeepster as he blasted across the Mojave desert at 100mph+. :steering:

Paint it green.
I get the red and white race scheme.
But it will look like you are trying to copy nostalgia thing or something.
And if you ever decide to use the car for a driver, you won't be bizarre.
Besides I like green.

Green and white in the Ramcharger format would be cool.

While I like the idea of the red and white Ramcharger race thing, it is nostalgicly old and outdated and overdone. However, if you updated it and customized it with your wife's favorite color, I think it would be a great option. Use Amber Sherwood for the Stripe color. It IS a race car. Make it so!

While I like the idea of the red and white Ramcharger race thing, it is nostalgicly old and outdated and overdone. However, if you updated it and customized it with your wife's favorite color, I think it would be a great option. Use Amber Sherwood for the Stripe color. It IS a race car. Make it so!
You hit the nail on the head on this one!

Had my Ranchero painted a GM color, either a Corvette or Caddy color, been a little while. Dark dark green, firemist flake. The first time I went to pick up my lady friend for a daytime activity "Where's your truck?" she says. "That is my truck". "No .. you're truck is black. That's not your truck". Great color, looked great on the truck. I saw an El Camino not long ago, even in the daylight it was black until you got the sun in just the right place and this deep maroon popped out at you. Fantastic color it was.

That was kind of what I was thinking Unconventional... I like darker colors on that body style. Of course it's not mine...lol.

if i love this color anymore my wife would probably think id sleep with it. lol not my car either but i love this shsde of green aqua

21457914_10214130816529639_3386289772502445902_o.jpg

Keep the ideas coming for me......... there is some great opinions going on here!!!!! Thank you

I'm 100% with this ^^^^^^^, think about it, You're tying together The Wife's favorite color, the Candymatic's classic look, and an original color of the canvas, Your Ride!

-
Back