Need some suggestions on leaf springs

-

LXguy

Reaction score
Hey All:

What is a good leaf spring to get for street duty, stock weight car.

Might like to lift the rear 1" or so for added tire clearance.

Shock recommendations would be appreciated also.

Thanks!

Steve

I took my springs out and took them to a spring shop and had another main leaf added. Raised it up 1"

Hey All:

What is a good leaf spring to get for street duty, stock weight car.

Might like to lift the rear 1" or so for added tire clearance.

Shock recommendations would be appreciated also.

Thanks!

Steve

i like the zhd springs from springs &things. come is stock height, +1 and +2" heights. great customer service also...

give them a call..

We carry most of the suspension parts for your vehicle with the exception of shocks, struts, sway bars and torsion bars. To get exact pricing and for prices on suspension parts not listed here, please email us at [email protected] or call us at 800-903-9019.

I'm using the Mancini XHD springs an my barracuda and they come with 1" added. And they are a pretty reasonable price.

these are + 1" springs from springs & things. just to give you an idea where they will sit..

all three cars have 14" rims so you can judge the height difference from the distance from top of the rim to the quarter panel ..

DSCN6544.jpg

DSCN6542.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and these are +2" springs. will be pulling these off in the near future and selling them. going to put stock height springs on this car..

DSC_0039.jpg

IMG_1851-1.jpg

I've got monoleafs on my Dart. They work awesome at the track, but are a little stiff for a street car.

I would have the same worry about the road race deals on a cruiser.

How do the XHD springs ride?

Abodyjoe: Is it just the looks of the 2" spring you don't like?

Thanks for the help!

Abodyjoe: Is it just the looks of the 2" spring you don't like?

yes on that car and the direction i'm taking the car +2" is too high. i'm putting my alter-k under it and want it to sit nice and low like my yellow dart.

the orange and green darts both have spring & things XHD +1" rear springs and kyb shocks on them.. very nice ride on both of them. green one has .920 torsion bars and the orange one has 1" just suspension torsion bars on it..

Here is a set I put on last week. These are stock from espo http://www.springsnthings.com. I wish I would have went with the +1 but, it was suggested that it would jack the rear way up. As you can see from abodyjoe pix, his +1 doesn't look high to me. My tires are 215/70/14 and the front suspension is 1/4 inch off the bump stop.

Attachments

• DSC01231.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 188
Another vote for Espo +1". Great product, fair price, fast shipping, you can order by phone and the lady really knows her stuff (wish I knew her name.)

Thanks for all the responses.

Do you guys have spare tires in your trunks? Do you think your cars would ride higher without one?

i also ordered the Espo Springs and things XHD +1" rear springs and put kyb shocks on them. Espo had great shipping and i was able to buy all the shackles and bushings from them also. Dont have the car back on the ground yet(later this week) but they bolted up nicely with no issues and personally i think the 1in look nice on the other cars ive seen

-
Back