Need someone with '68/'69 A-body rad experience.....

-
The shroud does have elongated holes.

Original 67 Radiator
View attachment 1715381828

68/69 shroud
View attachment 1715381827

Fits perfectly, no forcing.

Alan
Alan....you didn't have to disassemble your car just to take those pics for me!...LOL!...but I appreciate it!!....:thankyou::thankyou::thankyou:

Also, a big :thankyou: to everyone else who contributed info to this thread. I'm sure it will be useful to other members as well. I'm going to go ahead and order one of these. Next on the list will be the 7 blade fan and clutch setup. Hopefully this cures my overheating-when-stopped problem.

I'm sure there are other '67 owners on the list that have thought the '68/'69 shroud doesn't fit the '67 rad. I've seen want-ads over the years from '67 owners looking for the #2785312 shroud without success. Hopefully, this helps out them as well.

Thanks again everyone!

Alan....you didn't have to disassemble your car just to take those pics for me!...LOL!...but I appreciate it!!....:thankyou::thankyou::thankyou:

Also, a big :thankyou: to everyone else who contributed info to this thread. I'm sure it will be useful to other members as well. I'm going to go ahead and order one of these. Next on the list will be the 7 blade fan and clutch setup. Hopefully this cures my overheating-when-stopped problem.

I'm sure there are other '67 owners on the list that have thought the '68/'69 shroud doesn't fit the '67 rad. I've seen want-ads over the years from '67 owners looking for the #2785312 shroud without success. Hopefully, this helps out them as well.

Thanks again everyone!
I'm about definitive answers, I know the shroud fits, but am I sure it is the one I think it is? It took less time to remove it than I spent looking for numbers on the exposed side.

Alan

Resurrecting old thread....Test fitted a friends factory "*614" shroud he had, on my rad....fit great, so I ordered a repro *614 shroud from the least expensive place I could find....The Mopar Shop. It arrived Friday and fits perfectly, well, with a bit of judicious grinding at the upper hose nipple it does, but then I knew about that. The myth of the "*312" shroud as the only one that fits '67 is blown up. Just painting up the clutch fan I got from "oldkimmer", and I'll post some pics! Thanks to all who contributed to this thread.

-
Back