Need suspension input on a 68 Dart

-

jeryst

Reaction score
I recently picked up a 68 Dart that I want to make into a GTS clone. The car was originally a 6-cyl car. I have three engines that I can choose from: 340, 440, or 331 Hemi. I plan on using a 727 tranny. Which engine I choose will be a matter of overall cost in regards to what will need to be changed in order to handle any of the engines, vs performance and resale value.

I would like to know what will need to be changed in order to handle each of the engines as far as suspension/steering/chassis components are concerned.

You will need Schumacher mounts, headers, and small block 727 Trans, if you have a 904 now, then you also will need a new shorter driveshaft. You should get new torsion bars. You will have to get disc brakes.

You will need Schumacher mounts, headers, and big block 727 Trans, if you have a 904 now, then you also will need a new shorter driveshaft. You will definately need new torsion bars. You will have to get disc brakes.

Good luck, mostly all custom fabricated. Have no idea if you can get headers.

Thanks for the input so far.

Is a 904 tranny sturdy enough to handle a 340?

Trans-dapt has conversion mounts for the 340 swap to a /6 k-member available from Summit that are less than half the money of the Schumachers.

Chuck

-
Back