Need thermoquad and air cleaner for 71 Demon

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a t-guad just don't know the carb num...
Got to go over to get tail lights and i will look at the number...
I may also have an intake from the factory also..
Thanks Dave

Thanks Dave. I have the original intake, i need the correct air cleaner assembly for the 1971 340.

71 Thermoquad is a 1 year only piece. Easy way to tell them is the idle screws are angled out unlike the later pieces which are straight.

I see them on ebay from time to time. The air cleaners are all ways on the bay but the price they sell for is ridiculous.

If you're not doing a concours restoration, you might consider a carb from 72-or up. the 71's are sorta bastards. easier to find parts,jets,etc for the later carbs. Yeah, expect to pay in the neighborhood of $300 for that aircleaner.

If you're not doing a concours restoration, you might consider a carb from 72-or up. the 71's are sorta bastards. easier to find parts,jets,etc for the later carbs. Yeah, expect to pay in the neighborhood of $300 for that aircleaner.

My thoughts exactly re: the air vs fuel metered TQs. Do you have an AT or MT?

It's an AT. I know it's going to be hard to find, but i really want to restore it as original as possible. I just got the car and it's going to be a long time before it's up and running.

There is a 4973 TQ on Ebay for $189.00, been watching it being relisted for nearly two months just cant push the buy it now button. It will need a rebuild. Demon Sizzler list one on his site for $245 plus rebuild but I could not get him to reply to my email. I think I will do the same as dusterodon suggested and go with the 72 model carb for my 71 demon, as I don't have the matching #s engine. I saw one of the air cleaners go close to 400 on ebay for the 71's

Thanks Jim. I have e-mailed and PM'd Demon Sizzler with no results. I'll check E-bay for that TQ. Thanks eveyone for all your help.

I have a nice air cleaner from a 72 340 Demon with the trap door in the bottom, or is the 71 different.??
Dave

I looked at the carb today and it does not have a tag like the AFB & AVS but the rear mounting ear has a number , looks like 63225 over

Hard to see the numbers !

Thanks Dave

Thanks VOETOM but I bought one off of e-bay. Thanks also to AdamR- I'm watching that carb. and will be bidding on it.

Wanted: I am looking for a nice set of bumperettes for a 65 valiant. I believe that these are the same on 64-65 Valiant and barracuda. I would like all four, or whatever you have. Prefer not to get junk, but beggars can't be choosers!

thanks fabo!
david
[email protected]
205-908-0868

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back