Need to find larger wheels.

-

Valiantknight

Reaction score
So this is my first post on this site i hope I put it in the right spot. I have a 1970 4door plymouth valiant and i was hoping to get some larger wheels. I was hoping to find some 16" but im not sure what size the bolt pattern is. My current wheels are 14"
20190822_134209.jpg
20190822_134200.jpg

Another 1970 Valiant 4-door, awesome! Anymore details on the car?

If the bolt pattern is original it is SBP - Small Bolt Pattern 4" on 5.

16s would be a stretch on an A body.

Yeah... the problem is, the only stock wheels ever made for this bolt pattern are 13" or 14". Very few aftermarket wheels were made for this pattern, either, and you already have the most common ones: 14" slot mags. A few wheel makers (Cragar, for one) still make wheels in this pattern (which has not been used since 1976), but they are almost all 14" (because that is what fits these cars). Stockton wheel will sell you a 15" Mopar rally wheel or a 15" plain steel wheel in various widths and offsets. But good luck finding a 16 or 17... If you are really determined, you can change all the hubs to large bolt pattern (and there may be some other benefits to this, like better brakes or a bigger rear axle) — search the forums for what to do.

Yeah... the problem is, the only stock wheels ever made for this bolt pattern are 13" or 14". Very few aftermarket wheels were made for this pattern, either, and you already have the most common ones: 14" slot mags. A few wheel makers (Cragar, for one) still make wheels in this pattern (which has not been used since 1976), but they are almost all 14" (because that is what fits these cars). Stockton wheel will sell you a 15" Mopar rally wheel or a 15" plain steel wheel in various widths and offsets. But good luck finding a 16 or 17... If you are really determined, you can change all the hubs to large bolt pattern (and there may be some other benefits to this, like better brakes or a bigger rear axle) — search the forums for what to do.
Yeah that was my end goal, im hoping to get better stopping power and be able to buy tires more easily, its hard to find tires that fit this wheel. Ive got abunch of engine upgrades on it and im looking into turbocharging it so a larger rear end might be a good idea. This is my first project car

If you update your brakes you will probably need larger wheels. Summit has a few choices in small bolt pattern including quite s few 15".

-
Back