need to go faster went faster

-

pat d

Reaction score
good news!! went to the track fri night finally.:blob:eek:ff the trailer 8.0@83mph 2nd run 7.8@84mph 3rd run 7.7@86mph best run [email protected] left @ 2200 rpm in 1st gear shifted@6500 . the car felt loose but was , going faster I made 6 runs and stopped on a high note.Nothing broke or leaked and I didnt crash. I think the tires needed more heat I did a longer burn out that got me 1.70 60ft times all night. I think my 28"tall tires are killing my times I have 411s in the rear. thank you guys for all your input/sugestions,still all ears thanks again:prayer:.

how do i get my 60ft times down. i dont have a trans brake , just a good old foot brake my combo is a 340 .30 over pop ups 10.5 or 11.0 not shure 528 solid cam j heads w/208/160 valves 1-5/8 headers air/gap w/700dbl pumper 750 a better carb for this combo or stick with 700

I'd rather see the vacuum carb on it with an auto, but that's me. You can try raising the tire pressure to help if the tires are bogging you. Also, that cam is not really large and you have good compression (probably closeer to 10:1 actual unless your heads were milled a bit) so I'd also try to short shift it... Around 5500 tops and let it run out in 3rd.

Tire height is not really hurting you. The car would probably like some more gear, or shorter tire is my guess. Always better to go more gear if possible.

It's running pretty good for the time and 60'. Nothing wrong with the 60' so far. Change launch RPM a bit. Hard to answer without seeing video. That's a solid 60' for a 7.70 car.

I have a 528 in a 340 and it pulls all the way to 6500+. Move shift points around to see how it reacts like Moper suggested.

Don't know which converter you have, but, that's the biggest improver you can make if it's not a great one now.

hey guys my run is on utube its under [pats run at the track] as for the conv. its a turbo action 2800-3000 stall 9.5 or 10''

pat, congrats!!!!!!! Keep up the good work!

Vid here

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkxPRdU5tK0"]Pats Run at the track - YouTube[/ame]

Sound like it needs a looser converter?

That is good 60 ft time especially for foot brake and that convertor. I don't think you need to change the tire size for leaving line. What is your rpm at finish line. You won't need bigger tire unless you redline at top end.

-
Back