Need to Sell '67 Dart GT Convertible...what's it worth?

-

cjdive

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am looking to sell my 1967 Dodge Dart GT convertible but I have no clue what it could sell for. I just do not have the room or time anymore since I travel so much for work. We are looking to move in the fall and would like to sell. I am still trying to decide. It has been tough since I have sunk in close to $10,000 already just to get the interior in order and car in good running condition. Yeah- expensive and does not help that most all of the work was done professionally since I am not that mechanically inclined :) Anyway- need some clue if it makes sense to sell. Figure if the numbers don't sound right- back into my father's storage barn it goes.

It has sat garaged for 15 years at my father's place until last year. Car is solid, straight and has very minimal rust...but could use new paint (as the color is obviously not original). Car still needs a lot of work. Car has a 360ci, 600 cfm Eddy 4bbl carb, Holley intake, 727 TF, and new this year- Doug's Headers. Other than that, engine is stock. Also this year- I just had a 2.5" dual exhaust done, along with Mopar Performance Electronic Ignition (+new plugs & wires), rebuilt 7.25" Sure Grip (2.94), new driveshaft, new gas tank (and send unit) and had the brakes done- all professionally installed and tuned. Had new upholstery and carpeting done a few years back. Interior is in excellent shape- but does not have original radio. A new convertible top was installed years ago (with boot) and is in great shape with the power top working flawlessly. Car also had the front suspension rebuilt about 15 years ago. Car has never been driven in the winter- always stored. Tranny could probably benefit from a rebuild.

I have one picture attached (which essentially is in my Avatar) and hope to take some pictures this weekend. I know it is tough to give any kind of estimate without better pictures- but those will come. I am hoping to at least get back most of what I put into it. Any thoughts are appreciated. THANKS!

Attachments

• 67DgDartGTweb.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 215
listen, i am not downing the ride, as i have not seen pics... but from my buying/selling, i will tell you, there is no way you will get 10k for it if it needs the body to be done still.

a member on here has a awsesomely clean blue one, drive, cruise/show ready and had problems selling for like 12k. and it was worth everry penny. i do not know if he still has it. screenname is badlilred.

then a few months ago, another member had one that sounds like yours, have alot of work done, and still needing to be finished. i think he got around 3some hundred for it off ebay.

good luck either way

Thanks 340plot...I was afraid of that. Seems to ring true the more I have searched these pages and others. I appreciate the feedback.

and if you look on here in the classifeds right now, he just reposted the clean blue one for 10k. i am sure it will sell quick at that price, but you can rate yours to it!

take some pictures of the car-- take one from the front down a side, from the rear down the other side, interior & engine pics-- these are just minimum -- you are dealing long distance-- put clear detailed pics & you will get reasonable offers/sales.

As stated before judge your ride on others now listed-- unless you have a numbers matching high end car it will be a tough sell.

another member is trying to sell a very nice cuda convert-- it only got to $6850 today on Ebay--- use that car as a guide to your pricing,
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...witem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_650wt_1004

Lawrence

-
Back