Need valiant/barracuda 64-66 quarters

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought 64 fenders from member 'newmexguy'.
He might still have the car. It was a four door Valiant. Fenders were dry as a bone, southwest rustfree parts. Shipping was reasonable via Greyhound.

scottylack, what's up with you and the quarter panels??? I have two parts cars for sale now. Very affordable! Spend a little money buy one and take what you need and make back your money by selling the rest of the car. If you are looking for the parts to fall in your lap free, it's not going to happen! Good Luck!

This car is in a local pick and pull, B & H in North East Maryland. I'm on crutches for the next few weeks so I can't look at it so I have no idea if the quarters are good or not.

When I called they said they wanted a grand for the whole car, too rich for my blood. But you might be able to talk them down or just get the quarters.

Called them. They can't tell me if it's there or not. Long way to drive to have them tell me it was crushed!!!

It was there when I called the other day. They are less than helpful on the phone and no better in person. Anyway, ping 64drtGt, he's the one that found it. He should be able to tell you if the quarters are any good.

I did the patch panels from Laysons on my 65 Barracuda. I thought they worked pretty good. Unless you have severe damage up high on the quater, IMO these are the way to go. They are a cost effective alternitive to a $900.00 quater panel, when I did mine, it was a little over $600 for 4 pieces to do both sides.

If you have lower panels and upper damage how bad is it? Could you get by with a section cut from a panel that has rust at the bottom or do you need the full top piece? A full panel most wont ship but a piece would be easier to ship.

what kind of upper damage and where? can you post a pic? i have what's left of a 66 Barracuda; once you get up on the quater, i don't think year would matter.

You are correct that 66 quaters are slightly different than 64-65 quaters. That being said, as I told you in the PM, I will give you what ever portion of the upper quater you need that is beyond what your patch panels will cover. This would require much jig saw puzzle work, but it's not impossible.

Pic's of your current damage would help A-LOT to determin if this would work.

I'm with in 300 miles of Jersey.

Let me know.

Jim Burch

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back