Need working headlight switch 69 Valiant

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Broke the shaft on mine I need a working switch. I have the knob so I dont really have to get that. Help me out guys thx

I have one, but I don't have the knob or the shaft that is attached to the knob. If all you need is the switch, you can have this one, Just send me your address.

Thank you very much for the offer, unfortunately I need the shaft more than anything. Thank you for the offer.:thumbup:

STILL LOOKIN'!

Have you tryed your local NAPA auto part dealer.
They sure do surprise me some times what they can find.

The shaft and knob should be inseperable. If you have a knob that came off the shaft , do yourself a favor and toss it. I got one you can have.

In 67,68,69 A bodies the switch and shaft are one piece, but the knob is capable of being pulled off. This is what happened to mine. I was thinking it needed to spin off. Once I broke it I realized (and remembered) that it pulls off. It is actually "serated" or has teeth that hold it on. I seen somebody had listed a 65 baracuda switch and it was the correct switch, unfortunately I didnt know it was correct at the time.
Id definately be interested in that switch if its correct. What do you need for it?

Here is a pic of mine.

Dash 007.jpg

Dash 008.jpg

Dash 010.jpg

Dash 011.jpg

The shaft/knob assembly does indeed come out in one piece. On the bottom of your switch-The one pictured last, there is a button with a spring, pull shaft out till it stops, push button all the way in remove shaft. To replace it with the one offered (I have a couple too as well as switches) just push shaft/knob in until you hear a click.

Beastie340 is right. Just about every headlight switch made in the 60's the knob and shaft were released by depressing the spring loaded button on the bottom side of the switch body. Even Fords were made that way.

Spose I should mention... dont push that button to insert the stem or you'll screw up another switch . Pointed end on stem leads it past the catch.

From what I've heard, the guts of every Mopar headlight switch are the same up until they stopped using push/pull switches in the early 1990's.

A friend's 76 Newport headlight switch fried recently and he used a spare he had for his 87 LeBaron to replace it... the only difference was the woodgrain knob and an extra connection for the flip-up headlight doors.

I can get you a switch. $10+ $3.50 for shipping. Wouldn't charge you at all but have to get some money for the fuel to go get it. Let me know.
Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back