Need your opinions on jeep rims

-

drewmac

Reaction score
I can get a set of 4 16x7 wheels Jeep Grand Cherokee rims locally for my 67 Barracuda. I just wanted to see what you all think of these with a set of 225/50/16 tires. I like these cause they are cheap, allow bigger tires, I can rotate back to front to even out tire wear and I can re-paint the gold part green to match my car color. Anyone know the offset of these or any fitment issues?

Attachments

• _T2eC16RHJHgE9n0yFlc_BQQUnGyrdg_60_1.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 263
I am going with the 73 up discs in front and a 1" billet adapter in the back to get 5x4.5 all the way around. Wonder if this would make a difference? I will take a ruler to the pick a part next time and measure them. They are from a 96-98 JGC so the offset is not as bad as the new ones. When I eyeballed them they did not look too bad for offset.

I know how it feels to want new wheels and have limited funds...but no...your Barracuda is beautiful and those wheels are just so blantantly Jeep Cherokee wheels...do you really want everyone who sees your car to think, 'hmm, Grand Cherokee wheels...' In my opinion they will make your car look cheesy. Sorry to be so blunt.

Sorry to be so blunt.

On the other hand, maybe he's not made of money

And these are better than some I see on these cars.......................

blue-donk-resized.jpg

donk-car-2-450x337.jpg

43265.jpg

and if ANY of you ever do this to a Mopar, I'm personally suitin' up...............

camber-wheels-2.jpg

I think that if took a die grinder and ground out the little spokes and changed the gold color to black or dark gray they would pretty good.

I think they would look fine. You are right to inquire about back-space since wheel adapters are quite expensive. It might also help to get plastic centering rings, depending on the type of lug nuts, unless the jeep pilot holes exactly match your Dart. You can find them on ebay.

Make sure and check the thickness of the aluminum where the lug nuts go, These wheels are thick, and will need a long reach lung nut, or longer bolt.
I did the same on my Ramcharger and spent $27 on lug nut's just for the rear. These are of a Jeep CJ series. not paited yet.

Attachments

• 904%20trans%20RC%20073.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 215
Guys thanks for the input so far. Goldfish65 no worries I asked for honest opinions I appreciate yours as much as anyones.
Mcnoople- in 99 they went to a wheel just like you describe. The offsets are much more than in 98 but the basic rim is the same.
Billg/ memike- thanks for the info. I will keep my eyes open.
67dart273- great pics. I was thinking of lowering my barracuda like that Mercedes but now that I know you are hating that I will go with the 30's!!!! Seriously I saw your thread about the temp rear rims you are running and it got me thinking.
I was raised by a dad who taught me to do more with less when you had to. Besides in 5 years I'll drop 20k into the barracuda to get it right where I want it, the way I want it! :)

Attachments

• _KGrHqVHJ_0E_Owq0_j9BP07HDbLoQ_60_1.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 185
-
Back