Need your thoughts-Field find Cuda$$$

-

73SwingerDart

Reaction score
I ran across this 67 Cuda and spoke to the owner about it. Its a 67 fast back that has a good title, no motor and transmission. All the glass is there, all emblems including hood inserts are on it, both headlight assemblies are in place, the white interior is all there but rough, bucket seats, column shift, ralley dash (?), 8 3/4 rear end, doesent appear to have much rust upon a weedy inspection.
How much would you pay for it?

Attachments

• 20140618_105300_resized.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 270
Chk the door pillar for the vin tag, 5th digit E I believe is 273 4bbl. Cant tell from the pics but does it have "S" emblems??

Didnt check the vin numbers..honestly wouldnt know what to look for.
I didnt see any indication of "S" badging inside or out. I have a 68 notch Cuda and the instrument cluster was different/better than mine.
Anyone have a guess to its value? He also mentioned he had a 426 Hemi in his shop he planned on putting into it when he first bought it. I didnt ask price for the Hemi.
What could a car like this part out for?
Thanks,
Todd

Attachments

• 20140618_105332_resized.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 239
Hard to tell from the pictures how bad the rust could be. There was a post a few days ago where a guy pulled a Formula S from the woods. The body looked promising but once he got it out, the frames and floors were completely shot. From the pics, it looks decent. Won't know about the whole package until you get it out. Hard to put a price on it.

Very hard to put a price on the car without actually being able to see some of the components, and guessing on some of the others! Things like an 8 3/4" would bump up the value by as much as $500, as would nice grilles, inserts, tail panel trim, a 150 mph speedo and tach, sway bar, disc brakes....stuff like that! I personally wouldn't pay more than $1k for it just from looking at the 2 pics you included! They show nothing and are of no help evaluating the car! Much more info is needed IMO!! Geof

Thanks everybody for the comments...I will go look again and try to get more information and pics. Need to take a weedeater and lopers to clear away some brush.

Hard to tell from the pictures how bad the rust could be. There was a post a few days ago where a guy pulled a Formula S from the woods. The body looked promising but once he got it out, the frames and floors were completely shot. From the pics, it looks decent. Won't know about the whole package until you get it out. Hard to put a price on it.

That was me, I got a full mint interior including high back buckets with seat tracks, back seats, center console, mint dash, door panels, new carpet, a full DC passenger quarter, mint non pitted 340 call outs, door rubber, hood, front clip, 8 3/4 with 3.73 SG, a big block Direct Connection K member, a ton of trim and emblems and some rust free body parts. I paid $1K.

if it has sat for a long time with the windows down, factory undercoating and interior can hide rust issues that are there. I've seen seat rails and even seat frames that were rusted beyond restorable.
If parting it happens I'm looking for a nice complete set of 67 headrests.
Good luck

That's only a couple years of growth - I'd think in it's present shape something like $600-900 would be my price. If it's saveable it's fair. If it's not you can recoup that plus the money spent getting it home through parts sales.

-
Back