NEEDED BADLY! 7 1/4 diff section and pinion gear

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
i have any extra 7 1/4 rear end drum to drum here in arizona but it would cost ya in shipping fees. sorry to hear about your family member's illness. hope they get better soon

Anyone have an idea on the weight of a 7.25 with drums and all? Any suggestions on freight lines? Other caveats?

Never done any shipping as such so cuse my ignorance here!
Thanks
John

I got a quote from Yellow freight from Everett WA terminal to Williams Lake terminal for $369.97 with a guesimate weight of 150lb and 50lb for the pallet with them packing it up.
Can anbyone say if this sounds about right?
Thanks
John

We have two members that have stepped up to the plate... Anyone else able to help fill in the missing areas?

if someone can get it as far as kamloops .... i can take it to williams lake
bruce

I can get it to Mount Vernon/Burlington.

I got a quote from Yellow freight from Everett WA terminal to Williams Lake terminal for $369.97 with a guesimate weight of 150lb and 50lb for the pallet with them packing it up.
Can anbyone say if this sounds about right?
Thanks
John

John, Thank you for checking the shipping out.
I was figuring the quote would be pretty high going in to Canada..

We are working on trying to get it from member to member to get it there right now.

We have it covered from Kamloops BC, Canada to Williams Lake BC, Canada.

This is the thread we are working on to get it there.
ROAD TRIP member needs help!! Bothell, Washington to Williams Lake, BC, Canada
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=195091

I've got a complete one in my Dart that I'm going to pull out anyway if that helps at all.

That may be a possibility. We are open to all options. What year is your Dart? Stroker Scamp says there are two different types and I have no idea. If we send the wrong parts and they don't match his parts then we have lust shot ourselves in the foot.

Stroker Scamp says there are two different types and I have no idea.

Damn Dodge making so many different sizes :D

This part wont work with those parts but then if you get these parts they will work together but not with that part... :-k

I've received so many PM's from members yesterday that it actually locked up the browser on my phone. If I haven't gotten back to a PM please either message me again or wait a bit and I'll try to answer them all. Right now posting in this thread (or the other one started not by me) might be an easier option.

Damn Dodge making so many different sizes :D

This part wont work with those parts but then if you get these parts they will work together but not with that part... :-k

I've received so many PM's from members yesterday that it actually locked up the browser on my phone. If I haven't gotten back to a PM please either message me again or wait a bit and I'll try to answer them all. Right now posting in this thread (or the other one started not by me) might be an easier option.

The Road Trip thread will keep it at the top and members will see what we are trying to do where this thread might not attract the people we need to pull this off.

How long do you think a used 7.25 will last? Get real. 300 dollar shipping. The whole damn rearend is only worth 50. Haste makes waste. He has the 8.75 why not do it right?.

How long do you think a used 7.25 will last? Get real. 300 dollar shipping. The whole damn rearend is only worth 50. Haste makes waste. He has the 8.75 why not do it right?.

He has a BARE 8.75 housing and nothing else. Not so much as backing plates. You want to send him all the parts to put the housing in his car? He has NO JOB at the moment.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/archive/index.php/t-127484.html If he did this and notched his shock plates to work he woulld need 3 inch ubolts and his drive shaft shortened about 1.5 inches.Then i,m sure we could find a cheap 741 open to get him going. Then he could upgrade as funds were available.All said and done less than 200. probably. Look at sireland 67s post

I read the link but it talks of the 10 inch drums and he has the 9 inch. Will the 9 inch swap including his backing plates? I remember on my swap to 8 3/4 they were drilled differently.

i have been running my 7 1/4 for TWO YEARS behind my V8 and this is the same original 7 1/4 that was in the 80,000 mile car. it is STILL working like a charm

I got a reply from Yellow Freight and their terminus is at the following address:
YRC Reimer
16060 128 AVENUE
EDMONTON AB CAN T5V1B6

I will contact scatpacknorth to see if he can let me know a closer address than this one so I can get a quote.

BTW the rear end in question has 125k on it and is quiet and tight with new springs, shoes and wheel cylinders, it is actually in much better shape than the 7.25 with 10" drums I replaced this one with.

Thanks.
John

Sorry the way it came off. Just saying he wants an 8.75 0r wouldnt have bought one. I myself dont like doing things twice.

I read the link but it talks of the 10 inch drums and he has the 9 inch. Will the 9 inch swap including his backing plates? I remember on my swap to 8 3/4 they were drilled differently.

I believe you drill a fifth hole. Been years since I saw it.

i have been running my 7 1/4 for TWO YEARS behind my V8 and this is the same original 7 1/4 that was in the 80,000 mile car. it is STILL working like a charm

Keeping oil in them has a lot to do with how they last. I have never replaced one because it was bad but I don't run a power house engine either. I have seen some Dana 60s trashed too but generaly it was because they ran them out of oil. Drache isn't running big horse power.

I was going back through your other threads... What happened to this free 8 3/4 rearend?

Get a call from a cousin. Her husband told me I could have the rear end from an old car of his. The car just happens to be the '68 Newport that I'm getting the 383 XP engine out of! The rear end should be an 8 3/4 since that's all they came with.

The rear end will either be a 2.76, 3.23, or 3.23 sure grip.....

Standard was the 3.23 though.
383xpnewport.jpg

Ive already got the a-body 8.75 rear, i just need the center section from the newport rear end

I posted an answer on the other thread. I'm willing to donate to the cause of a member in trouble. I'm in Lynnwood, Wa, less than 10 miles away. I have an A body 8 3/4 axle assembly, with complete brake cylinders, big drums, shoes and SBP axles. Also has shock plates. All it needs is the center section, which I can look for at the local pick-n-pull. I have to work this weekend and the 4th, but I can probably bring it to him in the morning, as I work 2nd shift. This must be happening near me for a reason, so it's time for me to step up, and maybe earn a few Karma points. Let me know if I can help in any way. Paul.

Keeping oil in them has a lot to do with how they last. I have never replaced one because it was bad but I don't run a power house engine either. I have seen some Dana 60s trashed too but generaly it was because they ran them out of oil. Drache isn't running big horse power.
yes Bill, that was just a testament to the 7 1/4 that they arent as bad as the reputation they get. i have seen them last many years behind v8s when they arent abused. but like any other rearend, they dont last forever lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back